*** Official West Virginia Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

ropingcy

Nov 17, 2016
Lose Jacob Park, go in to Oklahoma and shock the world. NWB is out with injury, play ranked WV and beat the heck out of them....no problem!!!

• Winner
Reactions: WastedTalent

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Feels great to beat these annoying SOBs.

This thing wasn't even close. They were mugging us with no whistles the entire first half.

I wonder if it was just an off game for them or if Lard and Young are really a mismatch for them. Please give me these guys in the tournament over KU.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So will the loss to Tennessee be a good thing in the end? If this wake-up call can last beyond tonight, I'd gladly take the bad noncon loss.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Incredible. Great energy, and quite a shooting clinic by the Cyclones.
And one super coaching job by Steve Prohm.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So will the loss to Tennessee be a good thing in the end? If this wake-up call can last beyond tonight, I'd gladly take the bad noncon loss.

Not sure if it's a 'wake up call' situation since the expectations aren't there, just more finding what works with who's available.

Tomorrow's February, though, and it would be fun if they found some real traction and played their way into the NIT or something.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don’t disagree. He’s “crafty” on D, can shoot, and has a plus handle.

Was just saying that if he got reffed appropriately, he would not be all-world defense.

Yes. All Stars are not allowed to play the way Carter does. Rookies who aren't that talented don't get to play anywhere near as aggressive as he does.

Is he still a good defender playing a completely different sport? Maybe. Nobody would know.