Okie State Fraternity: Dead* steer found on yard

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
Yeah this is mainly the one I was thinking of that gave me a weird vibe. Could never tell if they were actual farmers or just rich kids from Waukee that were wannabe farmers. They all wore the same boots and hats, flannel and bedazzled jeans and all had $50k lifted pickup trucks
At least in the early 2010s, if you went to Outlaws, the dudes had more sparkles on their jeans than the girls did
Posts like these have absolutely cracked me up because they are 100% correct. I'm a farmer, went to ISU in the early 2010s and stayed as far away from frats as possible. In my experience, someone would never be able to pick out the biggest and most successful farmers, they dont wear expensive cowboy hats and boots, and drive around in old beater trucks. Just my experience though

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Feeling pretty bad for OSU & not surprised media has taken the story and ran with it without investigating even a little.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I was prepared to make a joke about having a small portion of killed steer in my lunchbox today, but this is way too crazy to joke about. Freaking nuts.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Those responsible should be hit with community service or a fine tops, but expulsion?? No. As for the frats being shutdown, maybe, I don't know all the nuances to that. It took SAE in Ames a lot worse than that too get shut down.
Charge them with whatever the laws they violated warrant. I don't know Oklahoma law. I barely know the law where I live.
Regarding expulsion and shutting down the frat chapters; this incident looks terrible for Farm House and whatever the other one is, it looks terrible for OSU, and it looks terrible for the farmers/ranchers who allowed their livestock to be used that way. If those parties are ok with that, fine I guess. I still don't like it, but I don't get to make the rules in Stillwater.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
The part I bolded is not cool. If this behavior has been going on, it's time to put an end to it. I hope the police find the incriminating info from another nearby camera and charge the perpetrators as harshly as legally allowed. I'm glad it's sounding like this animal wasn't killed specifically for this prank, but this is still really messed up. And it pretty messed up when it was squirrels and racoons.

Charge everyone involved. OSU and the national organizations should force those chapters to disband. Frat boys thinking they are being loyal to the system by protecting each other is f'ed up and needs to end.
Settle down it’s just a harmless joke. We did this in 8th grade with a dead squirrel
In a friends locker and no one freaked out like you are.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Feeling pretty bad for OSU & not surprised media has taken the story and ran with it without investigating even a little.

I mean that's New York Post and TMZ. Glad to hear that it sounds like the animal was at least already dead. Still really dumb.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Settle down it’s just a harmless joke. We did this in 8th grade with a dead squirrel
In a friends locker and no one freaked out like you are.
I don't think OSU, and the two frats involved who are now seeing their names and pictures on national news outlets as harmless. I could be wrong, but I suspect someone from those organizations will have to answer some questions related to it.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I disagree. This is ****** up behavior. It paints a terrible picture of OSU and those two frats. Address the behavior by charging them. Fines, community service, whatever the punishment is according to Oklahoma law. OSU should expel the individuals responsible and the two frats chapters should be shut down.

A fine on their frat would probably do. Maybe some community service, but that's about it.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I disagree. This is ****** up behavior. It paints a terrible picture of OSU and those two frats. Address the behavior by charging them. Fines, community service, whatever the punishment is according to Oklahoma law. OSU should expel the individuals responsible and the two frats chapters should be shut down.
Yes because frats normally dont have terrible reputations! Holy cow man, whats your beef?

Many of us should be lucky that social media wasnt more prevalent for us growing up, otherwise we'd be in trouble.

Im not condoning this, as its very screwed up behavior, but I think there is some massive overreaction taking place here

• Winner
Reactions: RealisticCy

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Punishments for animal cruelty are very light. I remember a story from when I was in college where a couple of idiots broke into the Story County animal shelter after hours and killed a bunch of cats with baseball bats. I have two cats and that story still disturbs me.
They got away with a slap on the wrist because the judge valued the cats at less than $500 or something like that. Their parents basically said "boys will be boys" type of statement. Infuriates me to this day.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Punishments for animal cruelty are very light. I remember a story from when I was in college where a couple of idiots broke into the Story County animal shelter after hours and killed a bunch of cats with baseball bats. I have two cats and that story still disturbs me.
They got away with a slap on the wrist because the judge valued the cats at less than $500 or something like that. Their parents basically said "boys will be boys" type of statement. Infuriates me to this day.
As a father of daughters, someday someone will feed me this line, and Ill lose my absolute ****

Reactions: GTO

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Wonder what the original beef between these 2 frats was. Who had the highest lifted trucks? Whose grandfather owns more ranch land? Who has the most bedazzled jeans? Who listens to more douche country?
This is closer to reality than you realize!! Some of the conversations ive been a part of in Stillwater were like being in a The Onion article. Drunk people talking in brOkie English is a sight to behold.

• Funny
Reactions: State2015 and NWICY

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
FarmHouse at Iowa State doesn't exactly have a good reputation either after the arrests this spring.

I also laugh at some of the other comments. I work around farmers every day and they don't wear bedazzled jeans, big buckles, or cowboy hats. Boots and nice trucks oh definitely.

Reactions: RagingCloner

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
When I was a kid a neighbor of ours had Llamas that everyone liked and they'd let kids pet. Some idiots decided to steal one of them and drag it behind their car out on a gravel road. People are absolutely disgusting .
My guess is that it wouldn't fit in the car so they thought it would run behind the car. Yeah, nope.
Either way, abusive and disgusting behavior on their part.

• Agree
Reactions: JayV

Help Support Us

Become a patron