OL Jacob Gannon has left the ISU program

Status
Not open for further replies.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm not saying that at all. A person deciding to not to quit who considers how their decision will influence others' perception of them is not the same thing as deciding not to quit because "mama taught me to finish what I start". The former uses reason, and the latter is just adhering to dogma.

LOL. The former is unethical. The latter has values.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Just read Peterson's article on how Gannon leaving is a good thing ( on phone, can't link) he hits it pretty spot on without sparing Gannon's feelings. It falls short of defamation but definitely not something Jake would want to read. Brings up a solid point about how Campos is very talented and probably a future Pro, and at this point probably wants it more than Gannon does. Only thing I worry about still is where does this leave us depth-wise? You're taking about a RS FR whose never played a live snap at this level. Will he hold out all game? Who is his back up? I may not even want to know the answer to the latter

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
I'm not saying that at all. A person deciding to not to quit who considers how their decision will influence others' perception of them is not the same thing as deciding not to quit because "mama taught me to finish what I start". The former uses reason, and the latter is just adhering to dogma.
Some call it dogma, some call an instilled set of values. I'm surprised you're still fighting this fight. You've got quite a bit of no quit in you after all!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
What I've learned for this thread is that I don't want to work for any of your companies and your companies likely suck because you are willing to turn away highly competent people based on petty reasons.

And yes, I learned this from a thread about our starting right guard leaving the team.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
Just read Peterson's article on how Gannon leaving is a good thing ( on phone, can't link) he hits it pretty spot on without sparing Gannon's feelings. It falls short of defamation but definitely not something Jake would want to read. Brings up a solid point about how Campos is very talented and probably a future Pro, and at this point probably wants it more than Gannon does. Only thing I worry about still is where does this leave us depth-wise? You're taking about a RS FR whose never played a live snap at this level. Will he hold out all game? Who is his back up? I may not even want to know the answer to the latter

Bring in Wendall!!

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
What I've learned for this thread is that I don't want to work for any of your companies and your companies likely suck because you are willing to turn away highly competent people based on petty reasons.

And yes, I learned this from a thread about our starting right guard leaving the team.

He was the starting Right Tackle.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012

Are you sure? I really need a semi-committed, on-the-fence kinda guy to run my day to day operations, who will leave my team once it gets a bit bumpy. (For the record, this is not how I view Gannon)

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I want to say this: Jacob Gannon is a quality young man from a great family....if he felt he had to leave, the problem lies much more with this program than him. Anyone complaining about this fine young man is not seeing what the real problems must be. Seriously, something is rotten.

Weird, I've heard he can be quite moody...hence the walk out. Doesn't seem like a program issue, but his own issue.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Weird, I've heard he can be quite moody...hence the walk out. Doesn't seem like a program issue, but his own issue.

If this thread wasn't played out 20 pages ago, it certainly is now. Heard he's "quite moody"??!?! Time to let it go.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
If this thread wasn't played out 20 pages ago, it certainly is now. Heard he's "quite moody"??!?! Time to let it go.

What does it say about him, if he helped get certain player(s) to come back to the team, and then quits himself? Two days before the second game, and mid practice? Doesn't seem like a program issue, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.