Old 30

cyfantastic

Feb 28, 2024
If you want to see road construction on interstates, visit Illinois. It’s non-stop. There is a section of I-294 I swear they have been working on for the last 20 years.

I get what you are saying though, Interstates need more help than US highways at the moment.

I’d love to see what a native Iowan thinks about an actual traffic jam.
Yeah I chuckled at your comment about Illinois road work always being ongoing! It really seems like they're always constructing something. As for traffic jams, I haven't really experienced a true bad one until I visited bigger cities. What I've seen in other places doesn't compare to even Des Moines traffic. Most other Iowans would surely say the same. As far as traffic goes around here, we definitely have it pretty good!

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
I have only traveled HWY30 between Ames and Clinton...and there are barely any 2 lane stretches left...what is it like west of Ames toward Nebraska?
The only stretch in eastern Iowa from Ames to Lisbon that is still 2 lanes is from highway 21 to the highway 218 corner south of Vinton. (Which is being completed into 4 lane now.)

Reactions: cyfanatic

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
The only stretch in eastern Iowa from Ames to Lisbon that is still 2 lanes is from highway 21 to the highway 218 corner south of Vinton. (Which is being completed into 4 lane now.)
However, from Lisbon to Highway 61 west of Dewitt, I think it is almost all 2-lane yet.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic and Gorm