Olympic Wrestling

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
Brooks may not want the weight cut after this year. Could see him going up after this cycle….he appears to have the frame to continue putting on good wt.
1713711562723.png
He’s pretty thick for his height now.
Still could easily go 97 and win as well.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
View attachment 127895
He’s pretty thick for his height now.
Still could easily go 97 and win as well.
I don’t think you posting this picture helps your case that he could easily go 97 and win it all. Based on this picture he’s shorter than otoole and Carter. Look at him next to a true 197. Tazhudinov would absolutely tower over him and cause problems

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Don't disagree, but the roll DT has been on the last 3 years or so was impressive. Not that Flo is the end all, but they had him ranked #1 P4P in the world. Make no mistake, this was a huge upset and there is a strong possibility that familiarity played a role.
I think they are both familiar with each other, no doubt. I just don’t think they train together anymore. Taylor has known that Brooks was his top contender for a while now. Same with Dake/Nolf. They don’t train together much if at all. There’s plenty of other top guys in the room for them all to train with.

If anything, I think Taylor looked super rusty. He wasn’t moving well at all. Has he competed since last year’s worlds?

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
I don’t think you posting this picture helps your case that he could easily go 97 and win it all. Based on this picture he’s shorter than otoole and Carter. Look at him next to a true 197. Tazhudinov would absolutely tower over him and cause problems
The picture was in response to the comment about his frame. That’s why I said he was thick for his height.
The comment I made about doing well at 97 was acknowledging the previous two posters thoughts he could do well there so I didn’t look like I wanted to argue. "He could easily go 97 and win as well", meaning yes, he could complete with Snyder, like crablegs said. Never meant to imply anything about world or olympic success.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron