Olympic Wrestling

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
UWW at least seems to do a better job for wrestling than the old FILA governing body did, but things are bound to get messy when an organization has to follow IOC guidelines.

Let the athletes shake hands, put any differences aside, and unite under the banner of competitive sport.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
First off, he isn't out of the Olympics.. yet. He will get his opportunity to get back in once Russia qualifies the weight. Also, I must be in the minority but these opportunities come with a responsibility. I think it's a fine stance on the war and giving athletes a clear path to be able to compete - something that is a privilege. Lastly, he hasn't show to be the Sadulaev of his prime and whether he is there or not that Gold is still earned

Reactions: Chitowncy

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
First off, he isn't out of the Olympics.. yet. He will get his opportunity to get back in once Russia qualifies the weight. Also, I must be in the minority but these opportunities come with a responsibility. I think it's a fine stance on the war and giving athletes a clear path to be able to compete - something that is a privilege. Lastly, he hasn't show to be the Sadulaev of his prime and whether he is there or not that Gold is still earned

Russia isn't allowed to participate in the Olympics due to the sanctions stemming from the war with Ukraine. Russian athletes are able to under the Olympic flag provided they meet certain requirements. So if he's not being allowed to compete under the Olympic flag due to his 'support' of the war, then he is out of the Olympics completely.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Russia isn't allowed to participate in the Olympics due to the sanctions stemming from the war with Ukraine. Russian athletes are able to under the Olympic flag provided they meet certain requirements. So if he's not being allowed to compete under the Olympic flag due to his 'support' of the war, then he is out of the Olympics completely.
I know this. I’m saying he hasn’t been denied the Olympics yet, only the qualifier

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
At first, I thought that guy was Metcalf!

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Ian Parker had a nice run to 3rd at the Last Chance tournament. Lots of forfeits on the backside, but he fought back. Incredible that 2 high schoolers made the finals.

Reactions: JM4CY

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
There are not many. Tervel Dlagnev will be some day.
Thought it was a funny take but agreed. To be honest up until recently most all heavyweights didn’t have a large skillset. Heavyweights recently will be offered head coaching positions if they continue to coach. Lots of good ones out there now

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Thought it was a funny take but agreed. To be honest up until recently most all heavyweights didn’t have a large skillset. Heavyweights recently will be offered head coaching positions if they continue to coach. Lots of good ones out there now
I see the pov but Kerry McCoy proves that if your good... your good and will get a shot no matter what the weight you compete at. I wonder what other Hvy & 125 guys have been head coaches.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I see the pov but Kerry McCoy proves that if your good... your good and will get a shot no matter what the weight you compete at. I wonder what other Hvy & 125 guys have been head coaches.
Zeke Jones and Troy Nickerson to name 2 off the top of my head

Reactions: crablegs