Olympic Wrestling

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I think it has more to do with Cody Merill (#1 ranked HWT, #2 pound for pound) coming in to okie st next year. But he probably wasn't going to say that.
Could be but I think it’s funny when people say these things. I think most of these elite wrestlers are pretty arrogant and confident and don’t run from a high school kid coming in 2 years younger than them. I think all these guys want to believe they are the best option. But he did mention he’s only 5’10 and felt too small for heavyweight

Reactions: matclone

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Could not disagree with this more. Such a terrible take. Olympics swimming and track have a thousand events but wrestling only has 6 weights and it’s better? Not a chance.

Give me guys like Vito and Gilman at 61kg, Zain/Pantaleo at 70kg, Marsteller/Dieringer/Hall/Starocci at 79, and Brooks/Cox/Hidlay at 92. We have a lot of guys who could be so much better if we always wrestler 10 weights and this isn’t just a USA thing. It would be a better product for everyone around the world. We are missing out on some great wrestling because of the arbitrary numbers.

I also think we’d see more of the guys in their early 20’s wrestling at a higher level earlier in their careers as they’d have a path to success. This again goes for other countries and athletes giving more effort and commitment with a viable path to success for their genetics. Guys like Zain and Vito who are tweeners can be found all over the world

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Where’s the times and coverage and brackets etc for the trials? The Flo page is messed up for me about this.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Athletes do not cause wars. Dumb. The gold medal loses its legitimacy without Sadulaev competing.
Although part of what you write is no doubt correct, I must disagree. Russia invaded Ukraine much like Germany invaded Poland in 1939. Russia is run by a man with little regard for human life. He simply wants power. People who support him need to be ostracized - maybe they will understand supporting a tyrant has consequences.
All Russians should be banned from all international sports competitions.