Olympic Wrestling

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Bummer about carr always figured this was why he moved up to 65 to grow into the international weight. Don't think he would've won, but would've been nice to see how he stacked up.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I mean this delicately and not like they truly are ducking....but a semi hurt Carr and Otoole....are they just saying "ya know, dake and jb are pretty damn good, we'll just wait our turn" ?

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
"Ducking" was probably a harsh word. @crablegs says it better. They both probably realized they more than likely aren't going to make the team even when healthy. Just got off a long grinding season. A little bit of fatigue probably set in. Throw in a injury and guessing it was pretty easy to drop out.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
"Ducking" was probably a harsh word. @crablegs says it better. They both probably realized they more than likely aren't going to make the team even when healthy. Just got off a long grinding season. A little bit of fatigue probably set in. Throw in a injury and guessing it was pretty easy to drop out.
If healthy, they would of both had a shot to make the team. One of the favorites no, but to say they had no shot is shortsighted. They are injured…period. If this was a NCAA Championship they both probably would have wrestled but Folkstyle is different than FS. I would not want to defend a leg lace with a bad ankle. Also, stopping a match in FS for potential injury is almost non-existent unlike folk where you can put your leg in a dangerous position to get a stoppage. Just a bad take all around.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
If healthy, they would have both had a shot to make the team. One of the favorites no, but to say they had no shot is shortsighted. They are injured…period. If this was a NCAA Championship they both probably would have wrestled but Folkstyle is different than FS. I would not want to defend a leg lace with a bad ankle. Also, stopping a match in FS for potential injury is almost non-existent unlike folk where you can put your leg in a dangerous position to get a stoppage. Just a bad take all around.
This shows a complete lack of understanding of freestyle.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
If healthy, they would of both had a shot to make the team. One of the favorites no, but to say they had no shot is shortsighted. They are injured…period. If this was a NCAA Championship they both probably would have wrestled but Folkstyle is different than FS. I would not want to defend a leg lace with a bad ankle. Also, stopping a match in FS for potential injury is almost non-existent unlike folk where you can put your leg in a dangerous position to get a stoppage. Just a bad take all around.
I guess by "having a shot" you mean yes, everyone has a chance when they step on the mat. I just don't see either one being able to beat Dake or JB in a best of three series at this point

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Sure 2 World Champions would have no chance against 2 aging legends. Unfortunately, we won’t find out because O’Tool and Carr are scared to wrestle them when injured according to your guys expert knowledge and insight on the situation. Thanks for setting the record straight.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Chance Marsteller just kept JB off a world team last year. Let’s not act like he’s unbeatable.

Dake on the other hand I have a hard time seeing anyone beat in a 2 out of 3. JB included.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Sure 2 World Champions would have no chance against 2 aging legends. Unfortunately, we won’t find out because O’Tool and Carr are scared to wrestle them when injured according to your guys expert knowledge and insight on the situation. Thanks for setting the record straight.
David DNP at U23s and was teched easily by Nolf last year. I love DC as much of the next guy, but he didn’t have a shot in hell at making this team.

Junior world champs are a dime a dozen. You’re talking about multiple time Senior world champs with Dake and Burroughs. Different levels

Reactions: 4theheckofit

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
David DNP at U23s and was teched easily by Nolf last year. I love DC as much of the next guy, but he didn’t have a shot in hell at making this team.

Junior world champs are a dime a dozen. You’re talking about multiple time Senior world champs with Dake and Burroughs. Different levels
I don’t think Carr wrestled Freestyle last year. That was 2 years ago