Olympic Wrestling

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I obviously don’t follow this Olympic wrestling closely…. why doesn’t Steveson wrestle?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Anyone know what the Cuban’s status is in terms of competing for USA at Worlds/Olympics? Just watching Alan Vera who is also from Cuba. Yonger and Ech would be in the mix to make team USA for sure.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Anyone know what the Cuban’s status is in terms of competing for USA at Worlds/Olympics? Just watching Alan Vera who is also from Cuba. Yonger and Ech would be in the mix to make team USA for sure.
They would have to gain citizenship. Yonger just got his green card which is a step in the process.

Reactions: cyputz

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Brooks is just so incredibly solid. His hand fight and hips are incredible. Never seen anyone stuff Taylor’s shots like this. Crazy, but Brooks was clearly the better wrestler today.

Brooks makes Olympics over Taylor.

Reactions: Stevetasker

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I don’t think it did Taylor any good to train with Brooks everyday. Brooks controlled Taylor. Surprised me

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Brooks gave up a dumb challenge point to Zahid. Was a pretty easy 4 point call. Think he is clearly the USA’s best 86kg dude right now.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t think it did Taylor any good to train with Brooks everyday. Brooks controlled Taylor. Surprised me
Was thinking about this. I think this the negative side to having all these to guys at NLWC. Taking nothing away from Brooks as he was clearly better yesterday, but I have to think DT has a better shot on the world stage.

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Clearly? He should’ve lost that match. Zahid might have also beat David
Yeah, clearly. Your opinion he should have lost. He didn’t. If we’re playing what ifs, take away his bad challenge point & the singlet grab & what’s the score? He’s a winner.

Edit-not trying to sound like a **** there. Reread it & it comes off that way.

Last edited:

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Was thinking about this. I think this the negative side to having all these to guys at NLWC. Taking nothing away from Brooks as he was clearly better yesterday, but I have to think DT has a better shot on the world stage.
I’m not sure they train that much. Maybe 4-5 years ago they did.

Brooks is just that big of a talent, and always has been. It’s his weight now for the next 8 years if he wants it to be. Yazdani will be a challenge for sure, but I think that is the only guy that can beat him internationally.

4everClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Ames

Brooks is just that big of a talent, and always has been. It’s his weight now for the next 8 years if he wants it to be. Yazdani will be a challenge for sure, but I think that is the only guy that can beat him internationally.
Brooks may not want the weight cut after this year. Could see him going up after this cycle….he appears to have the frame to continue putting on good wt.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Brooks may not want the weight cut after this year. Could see him going up after this cycle….he appears to have the frame to continue putting on good wt.
That’s true. And with 92 kg, he could transition up there for a year or 2 before going 97.

If he does go up, I think he beats Snyder too.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008

Don't disagree, but the roll DT has been on the last 3 years or so was impressive. Not that Flo is the end all, but they had him ranked #1 P4P in the world. Make no mistake, this was a huge upset and there is a strong possibility that familiarity played a role.