65 kg
Nick Lee vs. Andrew Alirez
Jesse Mendez vs. Zain Retherford

86 kg
Aaron Brooks vs. Alex Dieringer
Chance Marsteller vs. Zahid Valencia

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
It took me long enough to understand Collegiate wrestling.. I have no idea the scoring in this.
Takedown or back exposure to the mat (break 90°) = 2 pts. Rear-standing takedown occurs if offensive wrestler (behind defensive wrestler) gets defensive wrestler to contact one knee to the mat. Other takedowns aren’t terribly different than folkstyle.
Take your opponent from their feet straight to back = 4 pts
High amplitude throw (i.e., suplex) = 5 pts
Each turn on a leg lace or gut wrench that exposes opponent’s back = 2 pts
Push opponent out of bounds on their feet = 1 pt. If opponent is “grounded” or has a knee on the mat, no point given.
Ref may give a wrestler a “passivity” warning and then put them “on the clock” if they aren’t holding center and are being more passive. They then have 30 seconds to score or opponent receives a point.

Tech = 10 pt difference ends match.
No overtime. Winner of tied matches is determined first by fewest cautions and then by who scored last, if needed.

Also, the official on the mat “offers” points by holding them up with their hand, which are then either confirmed or denied by the officials sitting at a table on 2 sides of the mat.

idk Greco as well but i don’t think it’s much different other than they can’t grab below the waist or use legs to lock limbs or body

• Friendly
Reactions: cyputz and matclone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
97 kg
Kollin Moore def. J'den Cox, 2-2
Isaac Trumble def. Johnathan Aiello, 6-4

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Takedown or back exposure to the mat (break 90°) = 2 pts. Rear-standing takedown occurs if offensive wrestler (behind defensive wrestler) gets defensive wrestler to contact one knee to the mat. Other takedowns aren’t terribly different than folkstyle.
Take your opponent from their feet straight to back = 4 pts
High amplitude throw (i.e., suplex) = 5 pts
Each turn on a leg lace or gut wrench that exposes opponent’s back = 2 pts
Push opponent out of bounds on their feet = 1 pt. If opponent is “grounded” or has a knee on the mat, no point given.
Ref may give a wrestler a “passivity” warning and then put them “on the clock” if they aren’t holding center and are being more passive. They then have 30 seconds to score or opponent receives a point.

Tech = 10 pt difference ends match.
No overtime. Winner of tied matches is determined first by fewest cautions and then by who scored last, if needed.

Also, the official on the mat “offers” points by holding them up with their hand, which are then either confirmed or denied by the officials sitting at a table on 2 sides of the mat.

idk Greco as well but i don’t think it’s much different other than they can’t grab below the waist or use legs to lock limbs or body
Do huge wrestling fans enjoy this style or what you see in college?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Do huge wrestling fans enjoy this style or what you see in college?
Mixed bag. I personally think freestyle is a more action packed style. Folkstyle has made some good improvements over the last few years though.

Folkstyle has the benefit of duals and team affiliation which adds to the enjoyment, but from a purely good wrestling standpoint I think freestyle has it.