On to Football Season

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And Jaleel was 1st team by coaches and 2nd by media. Jewell was 2nd team by both.

Jewell was also one of five finalists for the Butkus Award, which goes to the nations top LB. He was the only one of the five finalists to play in the B1G.

Yes I know Johnson was 1st team by coaches and Jewell wasn't because Johnson was better

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Because he wasn't Iowa's starter will be his response. So Wadley can't be any good if he didn't start over Daniels.....

Losing your best RB and QB is going to hurt whether you want to admit it or not. That's all I'm saying

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I don't usually troll, but it's way too easy with the Hawkeye fans here.

I didn't ask you to formulate a gameplan for Wyoming. I told you to worry about Wyoming. Kirk has shown he is capable of losing to MAC teams, and now even FCS teams, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Wyoming get a victory in Iowa City. They have an NFL QB and a good coach - a bad combo for the Hawks.

You think this is a troll? We have lost to ISU 5 times in the last 14 years, So I totally understand Kirk can lose to a MAC or FCS level team.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Daniels was your best RB and that's why he was your starter. Going to be tough to replace him but luckily you won't play in a league that plays defense
giphy.gif

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Daniels was your best RB and that's why he was your starter. Going to be tough to replace him but luckily you won't play in a league that plays defense

We are loaded at RB, so this won't be a problem. We lost a 1000 yard rusher and we will replace him with a 1000 yard rusher.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Golfer

Sep 3, 2012
Daniels was certainly not our best RB according to NFL scouts. He might have been to our coaching staff. Daniels and Wadley are two entirely different runners. Wadley could carry more in other conferences based on their style of defense, not so much in the B1G. I honestly don't know where some of you get your information from. Like arguing which team in 2007 had more talent, when clearly all one needs to do is go look at players drafted, or in the case of Daniels / Wadley, see what NFL scouts said.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Lol no. Must be nice to play in a defensive optional league though!

The starting RB who ran for over 1000 yards will most certainly be replace by a guy who will run for over 1000 yards.

Your "defensive optional league troll" is as bad as your "Jok is a mid major" troll. Weak all the way around.

• Winner
Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The starting RB who ran for over 1000 yards will most certainly be replace by a guy who will run for over 1000 yards.

Your "defensive optional league troll" is as bad as your "Jok is a mid major" troll. Weak all the way around.

The Big Ten is a defensive optional conference or at least it was last year. I guess we can agree to disagree that losing your starting RB, QB and two best defensive players will hurt you guys a lot

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
The Big Ten is a defensive optional conference or at least it was last year. I guess we can agree to disagree that losing your starting RB, QB and two best defensive players will hurt you guys a lot
And you're still really bad at evaluating talent

Golfer

Sep 3, 2012
It's really not as much about the new quarterback as it is about the again injured wide receiver who managed to get separation. Anecdotal, but new QB's at Iowa usually overperform. There are enough returning starters to make the team likely win the games they should. But it could go either way, and they could lose early. Could lose even to Iowa State. And then everyone would come on here and say, see, ISU is better. Yeah, for one game. Just like Iowa was better than ISU in basketball. For one game at least.

No friggin wonder there are so many liberals on your politics board. Objectivity and reason are always options in college sports fans and politics, but it seems more so on here.

ISU needs to concentrate on developing an offensive line with instate recruits, running the football and playing defense. If they had done this years ago, and there is no reason they shouldn't have, they'd have had several winning seasons by now. In others words, ISU needs to copy boring Iowa on the football field. And you'd find out not only am I correct, but as boring as the football might be frm time to time, winning more than losing isn't boring at all. Or keep trying to throw the ball for 600 yds an game, and compete against Texas speed, and keep winning 3-4 games annually.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
They won 8 games with an easier schedule and likely a better QB than they will have this year (not a knock on the young QB, he's just very inexperienced).

Vandeberg is a nice player but they need another guy to emerge as a threat also.
I have heard Vandenberg may not play a down this year. He needs surgery again.

• Informative
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
CJB was not very good at all last year. He had little to zero pocket presence and hardly ever ran. I just don't see how we can be much worse at the QB position as last year quite frankly. I see Stanley making more things happen combined with more mistakes.
CJB was one of the best quarterbacks to ever play at Iowa. Stanley is not CJB nor is he better.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5