One game in the next 12 days

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Good or bad? I can see both sides. It might be a good time to get our legs under us again and for the freshman to get a little mental break. On the flip side, we're winning, and I don't like thinking of losing any momentum. Odd scheduling for sure.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
They only skip the mid-week game next week. Per Steve last night after the game, great opportunity for both the staff and players to take a short break and then plenty of time to prepare for KSU and prep for the rest of the season. Believe the coaches are also going to head out on a couple of recruiting visits...

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Good or bad? I can see both sides. It might be a good time to get our legs under us again and for the freshman to get a little mental break. On the flip side, we're winning, and I don't like thinking of losing any momentum. Odd scheduling for sure.

Good - the kids can relax, catch-up on their studies, hit a few bars at 2am to cut loose some... :)

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
No chip on Shayok, the guy is incredible down the late stretch of games. However, I think his legs aren't quite used to 30+ minutes a game of high tempo basketball 2-3 times a week. I think this is a great opportunity to get some rest, get the legs back, and get some shots up to boost confidence.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
No chip on Shayok, the guy is incredible down the late stretch of games. However, I think his legs aren't quite used to 30+ minutes a game of high tempo basketball 2-3 times a week. I think this is a great opportunity to get some rest, get the legs back, and get some shots up to boost confidence.
This is much-needed rest for the whole team. Babb seems to be short on his shots the last two games. Get some rest because the back end of this schedule will be tough.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Good, we’ll hopefully get our legs back, which is big for a small-ball team. Hopefully the bench can start to keep the minutes down.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
In the immortal words of Allen Iverson. "Practice. We're talking about practice?"

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The timing of our bye game this year is absolutely ideal. Beat TCU in Hilton on Saturday and then load up to go down to Manhattan and beat K-State. If we can beat purple Kansas next Saturday we will be in REALLY good shape and winning out isn't a stretch.

• Agree
Reactions: cycart

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Good. Need the time and rest to prepare for KSU on the road...

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The best part of this is all the contenders should have at least one more loss prior to 2/16.

Schedule is set up well the rest of the way. 3/6 @ WVa looks like a trap game in between @UT & v.Tech.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's a positive - almost a full week off, then a winnable home game, then a full week to prep for two huge games in four days - at KSU and home against Baylor. Those two games should go a long way towards creating some separation at the top of the standings one way or another. The only way it's a negative is if the team drops the TCU game at Saturday. But as long as they take care of business in Hilton it's all good.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS and aauummm

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

He does have some stretches where he seems gassed and could use a quick sub. In general I think the Saturday to Monday turnaround is not easy, and is really difficult on the team traveling for Monday. There's something to be said for staying sharp and the rustiness that comes with long layoffs, but I think getting some rest and extra prep ahead of @KSU is going to be a good thing.

• Agree
Reactions: ComCY and moores2