Oof. Hawk fans gonna be on suicide watch

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Congrats to Iowa State making the S16! They’re playing well when it matters.

I wish Fran could figure out how to do that … sigh
Good thing the trajectory of the two programs is so different. Iowa State might win by more than 20 today.

Iowa State didn’t get to beat a bunch of **** big 10 teams (yes redundant) to feed their insecure fan base’s need to show everyone how they don’t know how to act because they really haven’t ever been there before.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'll have to have my Dad save today's Gazette because I'm sure there's a front page article featuring their 3rd string QB.

Maybe a paragraph about ISU bball on the 3rd page.
So nothing has changed in NE iowa media after 50 years.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Going from in your face with the 2 conference tournament winners to a 4 day vortex of daggers. Both of their teams are done, while the teams their fans can't stand are mostly still playing.
There's something to be said about having humility... Fran and Bluder need to take a long look at their programs and how their players carry themselves on and off the court.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Not gonna lie, I’ve had a little fun reading HR today. One guy says making the sweet 16 is a crapshoot. Gonzaga has made it 7 straight years. Yes total crap shoot. The delusion is real.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Not gonna lie, I’ve had a little fun reading HR today. One guy says making the sweet 16 is a crapshoot. Gonzaga has made it 7 straight years. Yes total crap shoot. The delusion is real.
You don't have to go that far, Michigan has made 5 straight. Will they twist themselves into a pretzel saying Providence had an easy road to a Sweet 16 this year?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
You don't have to go that far, Michigan has made 5 straight. Will they twist themselves into a pretzel saying Providence had an easy road to a Sweet 16 this year?
5 straight years of easy draws and good luck. What an incredible hot streak.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

You play who's in front of you or something.

It's not ISU's fault that the B1G co-champs are soft.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Good thing the trajectory of the two programs is so different. Iowa State might win by more than 20 today.

Iowa State didn’t get to beat a bunch of **** big 10 teams (yes redundant) to feed their insecure fan base’s need to show everyone how they don’t know how to act because they really haven’t ever been there before.

The B1G was NOT a good defensive league this year so Iowa's offensive numbers were super inflated. Every team they played that didn't sit back and allow them to run a free flowing offense and get Keegan downhill to the rim beat them. Iowa State absolutely exposed Iowa back in December.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I didnt realize Iowa fans were talking Final 4 last week, and **** Vitale predicting Iowa to the championship. I was completely out of the loop last week so just catching up on local Iowa sports radio podcasts.

My best advice to Hawkeye fans is feel sadness, turning that sadness to anger is not the way to go. Many sports fans that struggle with losses have an inability to feel sadness, they run from sadness.
Maybe we all should think about an Iowa fan and get them one of these posters:

https://www.amazon.com/Buddha-That-Funny-Quote-Poster/dp/B07D1V2DPT

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
You play who's in front of you or something.

It's not ISU's fault that the B1G co-champs are soft.
no didn’t you hear? We haven’t played a real team yet and won’t in the round of 16 either. I sure hope we play someone soon or we will have an asterisk on the 2022 banner.

• Funny
Reactions: Statefan10

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You are probably right, but again, it was just strange that the reporter, and I think someone said Dolph on the air, was mentioning the "ball just didn't sound right" when it hit the rim. Seems like they got their talking points ahead of time just in case Iowa did lose.
Here's an article about the new ball. Apparently, it is not brand new, but they decided to use it so the same ball was being used everywhere for the tournament.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyrocks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron