Oof. Hawk fans gonna be on suicide watch

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well TJ is already 1/3rd of the way there with a good chance of getting 1/2 way there on Friday. I'd give TJ 3 years maximum.
Wasn’t sure if Fran would pick One up over the next couple years. I know unlikely, but blind squirrels do find nuts on occasion

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Scott Dockerman. Douche supreme.

View attachment 97034
When there was no goaltending on Kansas on a winning drive to the bucket by Brockington, the media here in Iowa kept saying Iowa State didn't do enough to win the game.

They go out of their way to blame any Iowa loss on anything they can dig up. I am not sure if Fran blamed the ball they used, but for a reporter to even ask him that question is strange. It is almost like the reporter wanted to plant the seed in everyone's mind that the ball was to blame and then make Fran look like a stand up guy by his refusal to blame the ball.

Had Iowa not blown the lead, had #25 followed up her shot instead of backing away to see if she made it, maybe Iowa wouldn't have lost to Creighton

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
When there was no goaltending on Kansas on a winning drive to the bucket by Brockington, the media here in Iowa kept saying Iowa State didn't do enough to win the game.

They go out of their way to blame any Iowa loss on anything they can dig up. I am not sure if Fran blamed the ball they used, but for a reporter to even ask him that question is strange. It is almost like the reporter wanted to plant the seed in everyone's mind that the ball was to blame and then make Fran look like a stand up guy by his refusal to blame the ball.

Had Iowa not blown the lead, had #25 followed up her shot instead of backing away to see if she made it, maybe Iowa wouldn't have lost to Creighton

Fran blamed the ball. It was hilarious.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Fran blamed the ball. It was hilarious.
You are probably right, but again, it was just strange that the reporter, and I think someone said Dolph on the air, was mentioning the "ball just didn't sound right" when it hit the rim. Seems like they got their talking points ahead of time just in case Iowa did lose.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
You are probably right, but again, it was just strange that the reporter, and I think someone said Dolph on the air, was mentioning the "ball just didn't sound right" when it hit the rim. Seems like they got their talking points ahead of time just in case Iowa did lose.

I think we are all on the same page that Iowa comes up with the craziest excuses on why they lose.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think we are all on the same page that Iowa comes up with the craziest excuses on why they lose.

It sounds like Bluder is blaming the concept of how tournaments work for having to play who they did.

Is that right?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It sounds like Bluder is blaming the concept of how tournaments work for having to play who they did.

Is that right?

I missed that one.
I thought part of the reason they sold out was the teams that got sent to Iowa City. Illinois St (Ithink) Creighton and I don't remember the 4th but basically all within decent driving distance . But they also sold out their last game of the season Iowa fans love a bandwagon.

I'll admit I'm a little jealous of the way their WBB attendance has picked up.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I missed that one.
I thought part of the reason they sold out was the teams that got sent to Iowa City. Illinois St (Ithink) Creighton and I don't remember the 4th but basically all within decent driving distance . But they also sold out their last game of the season Iowa fans love a bandwagon.

I'll admit I'm a little jealous of the way their WBB attendance has picked up.
Iowa fans like to attach themselves to "winners", so instead of the men's team, they will flock to the women's game.

Reactions: WartburgClone

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I didnt realize Iowa fans were talking Final 4 last week, and **** Vitale predicting Iowa to the championship. I was completely out of the loop last week so just catching up on local Iowa sports radio podcasts.

My best advice to Hawkeye fans is feel sadness, turning that sadness to anger is not the way to go. Many sports fans that struggle with losses have an inability to feel sadness, they run from sadness.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Defense travels in the tournament. I think Iowa fans are starting to see that. You need good guards and to play defense to advance far.