Idea: Opt out of Beer Forum

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
The family friendly comment = pussification of America.

The "I don't wanna see it" stuff is just weak whining about a free site.

I don't have a huge problem with the beer threads, but people complained about the gaming threads which is what led to them becoming an opt-in forum as well. I understand why people don't care to see them especially when there was 4 threads today

Reactions: Fitzy

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I've never got the "family friendly" argument for this site. Whose 10 year old children are reading this site?

I'm guessing it has more to do with what the advertisers want. Fareway, a company so committed to the owners' religious beliefs that they've never even been open on Sundays, probably doesn't want their banner ads right above a bunch of political talk or overly revealing pictures of women.*

*but by all means, come to Fareway to buy your alcohol and cigarettes!

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
if you don't want to read about beers.... dont click on a beer thread. As far as "family friendly"?! your little s-head can get the same information by walking down the beer aisle at the local hy-vee bro. Reading the names of beer will not get you or your s-head drunk. I wish it did.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
It's not that difficult to opt-in. Gaming people were happy with making gaming opt-in because it's 2 clicks of work to do, and the rest is history. No issues afterwards.

Not sure why it's so difficult to do the same for beer.

I understand the site is free, but frankly, I, along with 90% of CF, don't give a **** what you're drinking tonight.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If you don't want to read about mafia, don't click on a mafia thread.

Don't make gaming and hobbies a group so I can read threads when I'm on forced vacation

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Has there been any thought put towards this idea? Right now there are 4 beer threads on the main page. I'm one that does not want to see that, especially on a family friendly website.

This being a family friendly site, I find your avatar a little too disturbing.

Seriously, some people will ***** about anything.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Just make every fourm have an "opt out" option so these stupid threads stop. That way if people don't want to see it, they can take the work on their own to opt out.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Where is the expensive alcohol forum? All these poor beer drinkers are making this website look bad.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Beer forums are the single most valuable thing that ever came out of this site. It is the only reason I come to this site. I want all site visitors to participate in the discussions.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's not that difficult to opt-in. Gaming people were happy with making gaming opt-in because it's 2 clicks of work to do, and the rest is history. No issues afterwards.

Not sure why it's so difficult to do the same for beer.

I understand the site is free, but frankly, I, along with 90% of CF, don't give a **** what you're drinking tonight.

All the stupid pointless **** that people talk about in off-topic, and people get all worked up over beer threads.