Oregon helmets for Fiesta Bowl

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If I was being recruited by Oregon, I would go there in a heartbeat. All of their jersey's are sweet.
It would be hard to turn down an Oregon scholly, that's for sure.
The only, and I mean only downside to playing at Oregon is the weather vs going to a school in the south.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
probably going to show my age here, but that helmet is UGLY!!!!!

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
It's nice after awhile I feel like my expectations for Oregon are too come out with something new every game. I've forgotten what their actual uniform is. This one is like last years rose bowl except it is a yellow helmet with chrome wings, and I don't like it.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
The only, and I mean only downside to playing at Oregon is the weather vs going to a school in the south.

And the hippies. Eugene is full of them. I like their campus though. And that stadium is sweet. Hmm..I would probably go there, and have a buddy follow me around with a taser for any hippie that approached me with his "legalize it" petition.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I've always liked Oregon's unis...I'm curious how many duck players would say the unis made some impact on their decision

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Anyone that attends a school for 4-5 years based on the dynamics of their football uniforms lacks substance.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Im a fan of the helmet myself. I know this is a topic that has been discussed many times but I really would like to see Iowa State get couple alternate unis. I just like seeing something different once in a while.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Anyone that attends a school for 4-5 years based on the dynamics of their football uniforms lacks substance.

Here is what it does... No idea if it influences 18 yr olds on their decision but I know it influences younger kids. There is a generation of kids who are Oregon fans because of the crazy uniforms. And when these kids get into high school, they may choose Oregon because Oregon has been their favorite team for years.

There are a ton of middle aged Steeler fans across the country because they like the Steelers as kids, when they were good in the 70s. Will be the same with this. Walk around the mall and the non-Iowa school you will see the most is Oregon.

Reactions: TigerCyJM

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
Here is what it does... No idea if it influences 18 yr olds on their decision but I know it influences younger kids. There is a generation of kids who are Oregon fans because of the crazy uniforms. And when these kids get into high school, they may choose Oregon because Oregon has been their favorite team for years.

There are a ton of middle aged Steeler fans across the country because they like the Steelers as kids, when they were good in the 70s. Will be the same with this. Walk around the mall and the non-Iowa school you will see the most is Oregon.

I agree 100%. I know some young people who may or may not be able to find Oregon on a map but love the football team.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
After the TCU game I said, we need new uniforms and a bunch of people said.... oh bull **** no one cares about the uniform and they don't choose schools because of uniforms, I love our uniforms... blah blah blah.

Uniform design does impact the fan base, it does impact perception of the team, and it does impact recruiting because recruiting is impacted by both the size of the fan base and overall perception of the team.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I could never figure out why arizona state was not a dominant athletic school. Hot women, killer campus, and great weather.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

We are ones to point fingers. The weather in Eugene is >>>>>> than Ames. More rain, but I doubt more than Florida gets and they don't have problems. Aside from rain a better climate for playing in than most places too. Very little snow but a better temp range. Hardly ever hot enough to overheat you during a work out but also never so cold that you can see your breath.