OT - Name your Unusual Fact

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
You have maybe heard the radio commercial about some wise parents tossing facts at each other until one said that most baby car seats are the wrong ones. I would like to start a thread tossing out a fact that you expect no one has heard. I will begin this.

New York City has 4,000 buildings 25 stories or higher while Shanghai has 40,000 buildings 25 stories or higher.
This is what a Harvard professor said today.

Your turn.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
A male giraffe will headbutt a female in her bladder until she urinates. He tastes the pee, and it lets him know if she's ovulating, so they know when to get it on.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
At the Tom Petty concert last night, the lovely middle-aged woman sitting next to @Mr Janny turned to him, exchanged niceties, and said, "Did you know that he's worth $95 million? And Joe Walsh is worth $76 million?"

Janny was a little surprised by this very specific exchange of information, so he just said, "Then you'd think the tickets would be cheaper!"

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
you married that. I'm not going to ask if Janny went the giraffe route before deciding if he should propose.

I just had to IM him to see if he knew that before this thread, or did a quick google for shock value. Nope, OF COURSE he knew it before.

Reactions: harimad

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
“Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all of its letters in alphabetical order.

All swans in England belong to the queen.

There is enough sperm in one single man to impregnate every woman on earth.

The “hashtag” key on your keyboard (#) is called an octotroph.

*I cheated and used google

• Informative
Reactions: clone2003 and Angie

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
A male giraffe will headbutt a female in her bladder until she urinates. He tastes the pee, and it lets him know if she's ovulating, so they know when to get it on.

Not sure if this is sexual or just regular assault, but gross.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Millionaire businessman, philanthropist, and eccentric, Howard Hughes once had a bodyguard by the name of Wilford Brimely. Yep, the "Diabeetus" guy

hqdefault.jpg

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Cap'n Crunch is not a Captain at all. He has 3 sleeve stripes, indicating a rank of Commander.

Captains wear 4 sleeve stripes.

cpt-600x384.jpg

What else has this ****er been lying to us about? Perhaps he's been colluding with the Soggies?

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Cap'n Crunch is not a Captain at all. He has 3 sleeve stripes, indicating a rank of Commander.

Captains wear 4 sleeve stripes.

cpt-600x384.jpg

What else has this ****er been lying to us about? Perhaps he's been colluding with the Soggies?

Cap’n Crunch’s full name is Horatio Magellan Crunch.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
At any one time about 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk.

along these lines, Scottish whisky casks will evaporate 25% of their volume over their aging process -the "angel's share". That equals about 150 million bottles of whisky a year in the Scottish air.

So pretty much the Scots are always drunk.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
along these lines, Scottish whisky casks will evaporate 25% of their volume over their aging process -the "angel's share". That equals about 150 million bottles of whisky a year in the Scottish air.

So pretty much the Scots are always drunk.

I bet it would smell great, if it weren't for all the sheep and Scotts and kilts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron