OU/Okie St Thread

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
Is there any light at the end of tunnel for 197? Who is the next man up for this year? Next? Just an absolute travesty for us this year.

Reactions: jdolson27

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Is there any light at the end of tunnel for 197? Who is the next man up for this year? Next? Just an absolute travesty for us this year.

Hagarty had a good day at Loras today…

Bartelt is coming in next year.

Assuming Nando is hurt. I’m fine with Helgeson going the rest of the way this year. How much worse could it be?

Broderson is probably a great guy, but I don’t need to see him wrestle again.

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
Yeah the man has significantly more important things going on his life than wrestling and it shows. I hold nothing against him, we just need something else here so bad.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Final thoughts on OSU dual. (Factoring in OU dual into the grades).

125- just is who he is. Solid top 25 guy that just isn’t going to break through. C-

133- tough spot for most 133’s, let alone a RSFr. Battled well, Fix is just too much, he’s 26! B

141- match that he should win, but that’s a tough opponent. Jamison didn’t do much but did enough to win. B-

149- pretty good weekend from a guy coming off of injury. Both opponents this weekend seemed a bit scared of CS. A.

157- you know you’re always going to get 110% from Kraisser. Tough one tonight. C+

165- was the aggressor and proved once again that he is still elite. A.

174- was a big W for Gaitan. I was worried about his match ups this weekend and he closed the door on those thoughts. B+.

184- ran into a buzzsaw tonight. Wasn’t close on offense and didn’t have much defense for Plott. C-

197- I don’t have many words for this effort. That was an undersized freshman back up. F.

285- as predicted Doucet really wasn’t interested in action. Yet another top 10 W for Yonger. A.
Kysen - he’s in what year 4, or is it year 5. D at best.

Ech - toss up and he just didn’t finish tonight. C.

Swiderski - fun to watch! Glad he’s back!

Kraisser - at the end of last year he beats that kid. He was a blood round kid last year wasn’t he? The bloody nose did probably hurt his chances but Krassier is not good on his feet. C-

Carr - go get the major and make a statement. A is good, he did dominate.

Gaitan - good win! B.

Feldkamp - ouch! D.

Broderson - Double ouch!

Bastida - probably a major if the match meant a dual win. A works.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
That female okie st fan that was in ear shot of the camera was something else last night. My favorite was after the review that was upheld in the MJG match I think she yelled "you are f$%king terrible. We will see you in the parking lot afterwards because you are f$%king terrible".

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
That female okie st fan that was in ear shot of the camera was something else last night. My favorite was after the review that was upheld in the MJG match I think she yelled "you are f$%king terrible. We will see you in the parking lot afterwards because you are f$%king terrible".
Haha it was the talk of the Statelmates Discord last night

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Especially tough nights for 184 and 197 yesterday.

Plott was impressive and he is likely to be a high AA, maybe even a finalist.

Don’t know much about the reserve 197 that Broderson wrestled, but it sounds like he is better suited for 184. That was tough to see.

WVU will have tough tests in the middle at 141, 149 and 165.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
125 lose if the guy tonight shows up but toss up
133 heavy underdog
141 toss up
149 slight favorite
157 underdog
165 slight favorite
174 slight underdog
184 heavy underdog
197 underdog
285 heavy favorite

Just one man’s opinion
Spot on predictions. Dm me your lottery numbers so I can share in your winnings.

I'm going to predict that Ech learned a lot in that loss. I hope that he can take another step forward. That's the kind of match that he will need to win to AA.

Plott and Keck had a great battle. Plott is a top tier guy imo.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Running her mouth like that has probably got her husbands ass kicked a couple of times

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Final thoughts on OSU dual. (Factoring in OU dual into the grades).

125- just is who he is. Solid top 25 guy that just isn’t going to break through. C-

133- tough spot for most 133’s, let alone a RSFr. Battled well, Fix is just too much, he’s 26! B

141- match that he should win, but that’s a tough opponent. Jamison didn’t do much but did enough to win. B-

149- pretty good weekend from a guy coming off of injury. Both opponents this weekend seemed a bit scared of CS. A.

157- you know you’re always going to get 110% from Kraisser. Tough one tonight. C+

165- was the aggressor and proved once again that he is still elite. A.

174- was a big W for Gaitan. I was worried about his match ups this weekend and he closed the door on those thoughts. B+.

184- ran into a buzzsaw tonight. Wasn’t close on offense and didn’t have much defense for Plott. C-

197- I don’t have many words for this effort. That was an undersized freshman back up. F.

285- as predicted Doucet really wasn’t interested in action. Yet another top 10 W for Yonger. A.
125 - So frustrating. He's got a great shot, but simply can't finish.
133 - Evan showed me a lot. Simply got out-horsed by a 26 year old man, but didn't give up.
141 - Disappointing. I know Jamison is pretty good, but Ech is much better and really controlled the match. Another instance of couldn't finish, but that's not usually a problem for Ech. I wonder if back to back weigh-ins was rough.
149 - Casey looked good. Could open up even more and stretch that to a major.
157 - OSU guy seemed better than most at countering Kraiser's funk. This one absolutely goes the other way if Chittum is in there.
165 - OSU tried to play the stall game with David, but that kid is not strong enough to pull it off. Again, would like to have seen him release earlier and go for the major.
174 - MJ makes me nervous, but good job fighting through and picking up the much needed W.
184 - Went about how I thought unfortunately. Plott is a beast.
197 - Absolutely embarrassing. I guess he could try and use the excuse that he needed a bonus victory, but even a regular decision still gives us a chance with Yonger.
HWT - Kerk scares me, but there is not another HWT that can hang with Yonger.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Gas tank at 141 cost him today. Also I’m concerned that will cost Bastida in a big moment if it doesn’t improve.
I don’t know that that was my main takeaway from heavy. Was Yonger not hurt? And gutted out a quality win regardless.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Gas tank at 141 cost him today. Also I’m concerned that will cost Bastida in a big moment if it doesn’t improve.
Dresser after the OU dual said something along the lines of Yonger needing to get in shape.

As for Ech, when is the last time he had to wrestle hard for an entire match? Seems like he was on an early tech streak. He’s got a tough couple of weeks ahead with Titus and Happel, great opportunities.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
125 - So frustrating. He's got a great shot, but simply can't finish.
133 - Evan showed me a lot. Simply got out-horsed by a 26 year old man, but didn't give up.
141 - Disappointing. I know Jamison is pretty good, but Ech is much better and really controlled the match. Another instance of couldn't finish, but that's not usually a problem for Ech. I wonder if back to back weigh-ins was rough.
149 - Casey looked good. Could open up even more and stretch that to a major.
157 - OSU guy seemed better than most at countering Kraiser's funk. This one absolutely goes the other way if Chittum is in there.
165 - OSU tried to play the stall game with David, but that kid is not strong enough to pull it off. Again, would like to have seen him release earlier and go for the major.
174 - MJ makes me nervous, but good job fighting through and picking up the much needed W.
184 - Went about how I thought unfortunately. Plott is a beast.
197 - Absolutely embarrassing. I guess he could try and use the excuse that he needed a bonus victory, but even a regular decision still gives us a chance with Yonger.
HWT - Kerk scares me, but there is not another HWT that can hang with Yonger.
125- slick and has always had trouble finishing. Not likely to change now he always looks undersized so that could be it.
133-I thought he looked really good despite giving up a major. Maybe a major needs to be 9 and tech 16 with the 3 pt takedown, but idk.
141-he seemed to struggle with his length/funky single defense. Carr could give him a couple pointers on finishing that and he wins. He had great head hands, but struggles when he gives up a leg.
157-think chit wins that
174-when he gets that deep on high cs he never switches to a double, pretty baffling, but easy to fix.
184-plott is a stud
285- hope he does well and wrestles again next year he is really fun to watch.

Reactions: crablegs