OU/Okie St Thread

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I hate watching matches with homer refs. Obvious non action never called until to late to be penalized. Probably 141 was the only match that changed the outcome.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
I hate watching matches with homer refs. Obvious non action never called until to late to be penalized. Probably 141 was the only match that changed the outcome.
Agreed. I think if Chittum wrestles he wins and Yonger knowing he can win the dual gets bonus points on Doucet.

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Looking ahead, when and how do we find out whether to wear cardinal or gold for WV?

IMG_4553.jpeg

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Upon a rewatch of the OSU dual, it really did seem like Broderson was going big move the entire match in hopes of sealing the dual. I think if he had wrestled it straight and looked for opportunities rather than forcing them, he would have won that match. Had we pulled out a win at either 125 or 141 or had Chittum, I think that's how Broderson would have played it.

That said, Broderson's attempts were super bad. No patience, no setups, just sloppy the whole way, other than that nice cartwheel counter.

At 141 I give more credit to Jamison's D, especially when he got that whizzer in deep. Just nasty. I think next time Ech will throw more of a variety moves at him to take the rematch. Ech seemed comfortable getting to that leg and just kept doing it thinking he could beat Jamison's counters at least once.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Can’t get the wizzard if you don’t come up around the waste. He had opportunity to go to a body lock which is his bread and butter. Seemed hesitant to go for it. Maybe he saw something on tape.

Help Support Us

Become a patron