Ouch, Coach Patterson ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Americans have all sorts of troubles dealing with truth so we don't. It's rather sickening, the safe spaces we are required to fill with euphemisms, even at the expense of clarity, good intentions, and resolve.

• Dumb
Reactions: DarkStar

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I don't really understand the context. To me, the tweet reads like he was upset at a player for using the N-word, then used the N-word to clarify that he hadn't called the player the N-word.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Americans have all sorts of troubles dealing with truth so we don't. It's rather sickening, the safe spaces we are required to fill with euphemisms, even at the expense of clarity, good intentions, and resolve.

Congratulations. I've never been quite so tempted to pony up for the cash for access to the Dumb button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It seems to me if the player was quibbling about the difference between the form of the word ending in 'a' and the one ending 'er', he had no choice to say it and make himself abundantly clear.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Doesn't seem to set a good example to tell kids to stop using a word by you, yourself, using said word. That's not what I've seen parents do with young kids too often. Definitely not with the specific word in question. I get what Patt was trying to do, but he picked such a tactless way to do it for a professional environment.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
9861149.PNG
What in the hell is wrong with Patterson?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
1. N'word by a third party, Coach P
2. Explanation by third party, George C
3. You're a racist for saying that.

It's a perfect "cancel culture" leftist mob. You can't make this stuff up because it's reality.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
1. N'word by a third party, Coach P
2. Explanation by third party, George C
3. You're a racist for saying that.

It's a perfect "cancel culture" leftist mob. You can't make this stuff up because it's reality.
Patterson is all EMAW

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Was he supposed to MIME the word? Charades what the player isn't supposed to say?

BS....
If Patterson wanted to effectively communicate, he didn't have to use the n-word. It's that simple and understanding that is not that hard.

White folks just should not say the n-word. There are exceptions, but just don't do it.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
It's an racially charged word and it's asking for trouble no matter what context you're using it. How hard would it have been for him to make his point without saying the actual word? And you may not have a problem with him using it to make his point, but someone else (say, a twenty year old black man) might.
Someone who's been around as long as he has probably should have known better.
Yes, he SHOULD have known better.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Doesn't seem to set a good example to tell kids to stop using a word by you, yourself, using said word. That's not what I've seen parents do with young kids too often. Definitely not with the specific word in question. I get what Patt was trying to do, but he picked such a tactless way to do it for a professional environment.
Football practice is a professional environment? Pretty sure most things said in a practice wouldn't fly in an office setting.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
It's like Boggle. If you can lift out enough letters in a sentence to make that word up, you're at fault.

This is BS plain and simple and now THIS will forever be part of his narrative and the stupid news cycle.

BS plain and simple...

I believe it was Charlton Heston. He gave a commencement speech and said that. If memory serves me correctly he talked about how the word sounds like another word but isn't and context in speech means everything. That might been around the NRA Presidency days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron