Pat Forde on Kansas' hoops recruiting (FBI-related)

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
There is a cruel method used by farmers of castrating a cow by leaving a rubber band around their testicles until it cuts off blood flow, they wither up, turn black, die, and fall off (don't come after me calling this cruel, I'm not a farmer). Yeah, lets go with that for what I hope happens to KU as a part of all of this.

Reactions: intrepid27

Raider

May 31, 2015
There is a cruel method used by farmers of castrating a cow by leaving a rubber band around their testicles until it cuts off blood flow, they wither up, turn black, die, and fall off (don't come after me calling this cruel, I'm not a farmer). Yeah, lets go with that for what I hope happens to KU as a part of all of this.

Castrating a cow? Yeah, you're definitely not a farmer.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Uh, this seems like a problem (from article):
When discussing recruit Zion Williamson — who now attends Duke University and is widely regarded as the best player in college basketball and will likely be the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft this summer — Townsend said, “Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know? And I said, ‘Well, we’ll talk about that, you decide.'”

Code said, “I know what he’s asking for. He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”

In reply, Townsend said, “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Castrating a cow? Yeah, you're definitely not a farmer.

Technically you could castrate a cow by removing the ovaries. But it wouldn't involve the rubber band method he describes.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
......When discussing recruit Zion Williamson —
......Code said, “I know what he’s asking for. He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”
.....”

Coach K must have been a little smarter than KU, AZ and the rest of the cheaters about their shoebox transfer. Evidently there were no phone calls, texts, or emails coming out of Duke. Too bad.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Coach K must have been a little smarter than KU, AZ and the rest of the cheaters about their shoebox transfer. Evidently there were no phone calls, texts, or emails coming out of Duke. Too bad.

Coach K has gotten much better about his cheating. After he got caught paying Maggette and Brand he does all his cheating in person....no texts, no phone calls and just mattress money on the spot.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Coach K has gotten much better about his cheating. After he got caught paying Maggette and Brand he does all his cheating in person....no texts, no phone calls and just mattress money on the spot.
Meanwhile the NCAA is getting the rug and broom ready to sweep anything bad about Zion to Duke clean away.....

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Meanwhile the NCAA is getting the rug and broom ready to sweep anything bad about Zion to Duke clean away.....

I see why the NCAA and the ESPN's of the world don't want tarnish the great Zion marketing story, but where are the underbelly investigative reporters? Surprising that nothing on the payments have leaked other than the indirect comments coming out of Lawarence.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I see why the NCAA and the ESPN's of the world don't want tarnish the great Zion marketing story, but where are the underbelly investigative reporters? Surprising that nothing on the payments have leaked other than the indirect comments coming out of Lawarence.

I really want KU to go down for all the cheating, what would be even better is if one of these coaches gets fired or charged for something and publicly could come out and let everyone know they got caught but were outbid for Zion by Duke. Effin NCAA....

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ka...12/university-of-kansas/article228995599.html
Former Adidas executive Jim Gatto has agreed to pay the University of Kansas restitution, after the school claimed it had suffered financial harm as a “victim of Mr. Gatto’s and his co-conspirators crimes” involving payments to basketball recruits.

The exact amount KU will receive from Gatto is unknown but appears to be roughly $200,000 based on court documents filed Monday. The total paid to KU, North Carolina State and Louisville combined will be $342,437.75; KU will get $161,574 for legal fees, while NC State is getting $79,026.75. The rest of the $101,837 is being used to reimburse the schools for scholarships given to ineligible student-athletes.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ka...12/university-of-kansas/article228995599.html
Former Adidas executive Jim Gatto has agreed to pay the University of Kansas restitution, after the school claimed it had suffered financial harm as a “victim of Mr. Gatto’s and his co-conspirators crimes” involving payments to basketball recruits.

The exact amount KU will receive from Gatto is unknown but appears to be roughly $200,000 based on court documents filed Monday. The total paid to KU, North Carolina State and Louisville combined will be $342,437.75; KU will get $161,574 for legal fees, while NC State is getting $79,026.75. The rest of the $101,837 is being used to reimburse the schools for scholarships given to ineligible student-athletes.
Only KU could cheat and get paid for it. Oh wait...add NC State and Louisville to the mix...

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
I think you mean sheep.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www2.ljworld.com/news/ku/20...yer-to-local-businesses-suggesting-otherwise/
Whether former Adidas consultants — and now convicted felons — were boosters of KU Athletics is a big question in the NCAA’s case against the university.

The NCAA argues Adidas officials were boosters, making their many contacts with KU coaches about recruits impermissible. KU leaders, though, have said they’ll forcefully argue otherwise when they present their case to the NCAA.

But KU leaders this week sent out a flyer to thousands of local businesses that may create some confusion about that argument. The Kansas Athletics Compliance Office this week sent an electronic copy of its “Guide for Jayhawk Supporters” to many businesses in the Lawrence area.

The guide aims to help businesses understand how to interact with student-athletes in a way that complies with NCAA regulations. The guide provides a definition of a booster. It states:

“A booster is an individual, independent agency, corporate entity (e.g. apparel or equipment manufacturer) or other organization that is known to:...

KU chose to specifically highlight apparel companies as an example of a corporate entity that qualifies as a booster. Adidas is an apparel company. Through a multimillion dollar contract with KU Athletics, it also seemingly meets the other requirements in the definition. The company, for instance, receives season tickets to various KU sports, and frequently promotes Kansas Athletics.

However, in its Sept. 23 press release announcing the NCAA’s case against the university, KU leaders specifically said they do not believe Adidas or its employees are boosters. “First and foremost, the university emphasizes that it emphatically rejects the assertion that Adidas and Adidas employees and associates were boosters and agents of the university (as defined by NCAA legislation) during the period of the alleged violations . . .” KU said in its release.

It wasn’t clear Wednesday why KU chose to send out a compliance guide listing apparel companies as a prime example of boosters, or what distinctions KU officials were making about Adidas in this particular case. KU previously has said it is not yet commenting on the specifics of its response to the NCAA, which is still being crafted.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Saw that KU is the favorite to get 5 star Bryce Thompson

From what I've seen Thompson would be a Jayhawk by now if not for the investigation, which is giving him major pause. allowing for Oklahoma and Okie St are gaining ground. we'll see.

Help Support Us

Become a patron