Peace Tree is for sale

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
A few thoughts:

Dangerous Man-That's a shocker to me. I only went one time but they made some great stouts and porters. Their logo and beers actually remind me of Bearded Brewer out of Omaha. From what I had, BB was better.

Peace Tree-I liked both taprooms. My wife loves Blond Fatale with only Tank 7 being her favorite in that category. On my "Metro beer tiers", I put them as a C. I could usually find something that was surprisingly good there. They had a Coffee Stout, Cold Brew Stout, and a few Gose's that were decent. Royale 41 was the only decent IPA I ever had from them. Hopefully someone good picks them up.

Global brew-I really miss Global Brew, they had a good selection and it was usually pretty quiet. I use to like the Hall a lot and they still have a decent selection. People with kids seem to like the Hall. The Cheese Shop is one that falls under the radar but is really good. Uptown garage in Ankeny has a decent selection and you can read the newspaper from the 70's while you pee, which is a big plus.

Singlespeed-The new DSM location is pretty cool. Parking is a little challenging, it's not huge, and the beers they had on tap were average. It was early so I'll give them time. I like their Waterloo tap room.

Toppling Goliath-I still can't believe on their location selection. I hope it works out well for them. At least it's better than the location that they were considering on Ingersoll, which would have been a parking nightmare.

I agree with the others that say there are just too many average breweries poping up. I wouldn't be surprised if Firetrucker isn't far behind. I haven't been to Fenders in forever but they may have staying power since they have no competition. If it was based on beer I like, Kinship would have closed down a month after they opened.

Reactions: MJ29

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
A few thoughts:

Dangerous Man-That's a shocker to me. I only went one time but they made some great stouts and porters. Their logo and beers actually remind me of Bearded Brewer out of Omaha. From what I had, BB was better.

Peace Tree-I liked both taprooms. My wife loves Blond Fatale with only Tank 7 being her favorite in that category. On my "Metro beer tiers", I put them as a C. I could usually find something that was surprisingly good there. They had a Coffee Stout, Cold Brew Stout, and a few Gose's that were decent. Royale 41 was the only decent IPA I ever had from them. Hopefully someone good picks them up.

Global brew-I really miss Global Brew, they had a good selection and it was usually pretty quiet. I use to like the Hall a lot and they still have a decent selection. People with kids seem to like the Hall. The Cheese Shop is one that falls under the radar but is really good. Uptown garage in Ankeny has a decent selection and you can read the newspaper from the 70's while you pee, which is a big plus.

Singlespeed-The new DSM location is pretty cool. Parking is a little challenging, it's not huge, and the beers they had on tap were average. It was early so I'll give them time. I like their Waterloo tap room.

Toppling Goliath-I still can't believe on their location selection. I hope it works out well for them. At least it's better than the location that they were considering on Ingersoll, which would have been a parking nightmare.

I agree with the others that say there are just too many average breweries poping up. I wouldn't be surprised if Firetrucker isn't far behind. I haven't been to Fenders in forever but they may have staying power since they have no competition. If it was based on beer I like, Kinship would have closed down a month after they opened.

Yep, Kinship is alive for three reasons:

1) No close competition in Waukee
2) Access to the bike trail
3) Dog park

Reactions: dmclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron