Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Last edited:

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Would be great to go 2-1 this weekend and revenge that LSU loss from a couple years ago. A good measuring stick weekend for sure.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Great 3-1 win to start the weekend! First set didn’t look good, but loved our adjustments.
Yes it is a great win. Didn't watch the match but based on stat tracker, CJL replaced Greiman at MB with Englebrecht and Anderson with Mantz on the front row. Both in-match moves did the trick. Herrera's line was outstanding but she really needs to get more attack attempts, if possible.

Did not realize Hudson native Kylie DeBerg transferred from Mizzou to LSU which makes the win more impressive IMO.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yuck. Penn State is dismantling our nice little team. We got nothing. No defense, no return play, no outstanding serving, and lots of errors. I think we may have a season better than 50/50 but after two against PSU it is 2-0 and it will be 3-0 shortly. We lack a lot of technique, communication, and awareness.

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
Hopefully Oregon St is more like LSU, it would be very nice to go 2-1, and hopefully learn a lot!

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Yuck. Penn State is dismantling our nice little team. We got nothing. No defense, no return play, no outstanding serving, and lots of errors. I think we may have a season better than 50/50 but after two against PSU it is 2-0 and it will be 3-0 shortly. We lack a lot of technique, communication, and awareness.
Streak continues from last season with no winning sets against ranked teams. ISU did have a five point lead in the third set but lost by 2 so that set definitely displayed some promise compared to the blowouts in the initial two sets.

Based on results so far, this season's team appears to be a level above last year's but that losing streak against ranked teams needs to be broken at some point in order to be good enough to make the NCAAs.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Streak continues from last season with no winning sets against ranked teams. ISU did have a five point lead in the third set but lost by 2 so that set definitely displayed some promise compared to the blowouts in the initial two sets.

Based on results so far, this season's team appears to be a level above last year's but that losing streak against ranked teams needs to be broken at some point in order to be good enough to make the NCAAs.

Iowa State goes to a 4-1 record.

We took out the Beavers 3-0 and did it somewhat handily with some trouble at times, but it was a win. Penn State was ranked 17th and I'd say they are that or better.

Avery Rhodes played and here are the Oregon State match quick stats:

• Informative
Reactions: Cyfan1965

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Iowa State goes to a 4-1 record.

We took out the Beavers 3-0 and did it somewhat handily with some trouble at times, but it was a win. Penn State was ranked 17th and I'd say they are that or better.

Avery Rhodes played and here are the Oregon State match quick stats:
Good to see Rhodes back in the rotation. I wonder is she was battling health issues or wasn't playing due to practice performance. The move to put Mantz on the front row instead of Anderson did pay off this weekend.