Petras Gone

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
A few years ago and obviously the pre-NIL era, but Jake Rudock was a TON better at Michigan than he was at Iowa. Iowa's ability to squander offensive talent is rather impressive at this point.

I really hate losing to these jokers.
Not really. QBR was only 8 points higher.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Good for him i guess. I mean, while he looked horrible, maybe he can snag a spot at a smaller school...maybe get a bit of NIL....use his HS stats and say "my college stats suck because...well, look at my OC"

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I disagree. Sitting this year out increases his opportunities. He can now legitimately say that he was not the problem. They went from terrible with him to historically terrible without him.

Him completely whiffing on receivers 5 yards and beyond consistently shows he was a major part of the problem.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That’s a “TON” better?? I mean, that kind of difference can be almost entirely attributed to the WR/RB talent gaps.

Yep -- the Hawkeyes suck at coaching those positions (outside of TE maybe) too.

• Dumb
Reactions: 7Got6

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Him completely whiffing on receivers 5 yards and beyond consistently shows he was a major part of the problem.

Maybe he needed glasses, like Charlie Sheen in Major League. "juuuuuust a bit outside"

Seriously though, how much was him sucking vs terrible coaching vs terrible receiver talent? Hard to unravel those xmas lights.

He must have something he is good at or he would not have been successful in high school. Good coaching would leverage that and hide his weaknesses. He didn't get any good coaching though, that's for sure.

Reactions: GTO

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Hope he tears it up. Hopefully, BF's next job isn't OC there.
SP seems like a great guy, good on-field leader, very smart and high-character. Just couldn't process fast enough, granted he had to play behind a porous OL, but had accuracy issues even when he had time in the pocket. Hope he finds success.