Alert: Please report ANY site issues here

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I got a massive "threat blocked" message from Avast just now as I hit he site--it even kicked me back to the previous URL. I didn't catch it all, but someting about an "html loader".

It did say "no further action necessary--and I was able to come here again.

CYCLONE STATE

Dec 8, 2007
Clive
I got a massive "threat blocked" message from Avast just now as I hit he site--it even kicked me back to the previous URL. I didn't catch it all, but someting about an "html loader".

It did say "no further action necessary--and I was able to come here again.
i just got the threat blocked message from Avast as well

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Security Risk Found!
Security risk detected: Bloodhound.Exploit.337
File: C:\Documents and Settings\****\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FR48BXVH\exemple[1].htm
Action taken: Quarantine succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:50:38 PM

Just got this on the front page.

ISUStrEngr

Jan 9, 2009
My work computer got infected a week ago immediately after visiting this site. The IT department had to put in a new hard drive and rebuild it to get rid of the malware problem.

I won't visit this site using my work computer any more, and I just got up the nerve to visit on my home computer. My Norton security software still says it is blocking attempted attacks on my computer when I visit the cyclone fanatic home page. I don't get the same result if I go around the home page and go straight to forums. Instead, I get a Norton warning that tells me the site isn't safe.

What gives?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Security Risk Found!
Security risk detected: Bloodhound.Exploit.337
File: C:\Documents and Settings\****\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FR48BXVH\exemple[1].htm
Action taken: Quarantine succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:50:38 PM

Just got this on the front page.
Not again!

NOOOO!!

R1975P

Aug 17, 2009
Irvington
Today, 9/2/2010 at 8:20 as I came on to this site, Avast told me it caught a Trojan Horse. You are my Home page.

Robert Plathe

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
this is the only site that i visit regularly that gives me pop ups. also once in awhile the page will just switch to some video cop page. i have had to send my laptop in twice now to get it cleaned out and after the last time i purposely made an effort not download anything or go to any suspect web pages and still got infected. all my other sites that i visit have to do with work or is yahoo or ebay. this is the only site that gives me troubles.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
A little slow on showing page content when I go to a different thread. That I can live with. But, I cannot type in an apostrophe in a reply. Every time I try, a "quick find" (links only) item opens in the lower left bar of the browser screen. As you can see, the "quotation marks" work fine.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Apparently the site issues were enough for my employer to ban CF.

Chris, I think you have a mole/sabatour in the IT department! Might be wise to do some background checks to see if any of them have hidden ties to Iowa. I think a dark room, a bright lamp, and some cigarettes would set the scene nicely. I'd be willing to play the role of "bad cop". If any of them don't want to talk we'll put him or her in a room to watch neverending replays of Shaggy's field goal to win the game until he or she breaks.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Had two Avast alerts the second I logged onto the pages--and this after I had to spend my first hour this morning doing a boot scan, which pulled off seven infections--mostlly Malware-gen stuff, but one infection in win32 files that was something different. *make that "win32: bubak".

I'd suspect Hawkeye grads of spreading infections on a Cyclone site, but they're doubtless too busy delivering pizzas. :wink:

(Seriously--I'm not one of the Hawk haters)

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Anybody else getting attacked by CF

Last two times I have logged in Norton 360 is giving me a new "attack" warning from the CF site. I still get the original message related to the problems a couple weeks back.

Not sure everything is clear on the site yet. Anyone else seeing problems...

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Trojan Alert

I just got 2 different messages that said my McAfee removed a trojan virus from my computer.

Hadn't had any of the previous virus issues from this site...this was my first time...should I smoke a cigarette?

Hawkcigar

Oct 22, 2006
My work IT department has blocked access to this site because of malware issues. I haven't had any issues at home though.