Alert: Please report ANY site issues here

MB4CY

Aug 29, 2009
Norwalk, IA
SiteAdvisor has this site in the High Risk category, which ultimately means that it can't be accessed from where I work (not that I would ever consider surfing at work, of course). Any way of dealing with that?

Also, the last couple of weeks my browser (IE8) has locked up on a regular basis here, although I have no problem using FireFox. That seems to be new, too.

Just FYI.

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
Norton 360 is still telling me site is unsafe.....but I do not know if that is from previous problems or what. Still shows the same 19 incidents. It is not telling me that an attack just had to be blocked though. Sorry, but I'm still a little wary of the site.

I am getting the exact same messages from Norton that you are getting, except it is telling me that an attack just had to be blocked today, 9/7 at 8PM.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have been trying to stay off the front page, but when I went to the Bruns NIU review/UI look ahead. Avast blocked a Trojan as the page opened. Also blocked a rootkit as I closed the browser.

Maybe I'll start using Firefox to view the site--IES seems to be a problem. Time for bed in any case.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Not sure why, but I have no access to the in-state rivals board, which is where I spend most of my time on here. Won't let me in. Also tried starting a new thread regarding this and it wouldn't let me. Help?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Symntec just pointed out a Nukesploit something or other.

Exact thing just happened to me when I accessed the site. I am not going to risk coming here for a while as I can’t trust that my anti-virus is going to catch everything. I am only getting notice on the stuff it DOES catch. Hope they get this crap fixed. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Not sure why, but I have no access to the in-state rivals board, which is where I spend most of my time on here. Won't let me in. Also tried starting a new thread regarding this and it wouldn't let me. Help?

That just changed to where you have to opt in on your Cpanel like you do for the political forums.

I would say 2-3 times a day when I either hit the forum button from the home page or hit new posts from a thread I get a message from my trend micro telling my CF is dangerous site. It stopped for a while but has been acting up the past week.

Last edited:

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids

You have to resubscribe to the in-state rivals. It is somewhere in the Cpanel.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
The "site issue" I'm having is when I go to use the smilies, I can use the basic 18 that show up on the advanced post page. However, when I click on "More" to use different smilies a blank white page pops up saying "Page not found".

Just thought I would pass it along as the thread title says to report any site issues.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Good news. From the beginning when I got an HTC Incredible a couple months ago I got a popup certificate (from godaddy.com?) warning about this site. I just ignored it and didn't have any problems. Since the new Android OS upgrade for this phone a few days ago I haven't gotten this warning. I don't know if they somehow cleared up any problem with the upgrade, or whether CF was just given a clean slate for some problem it might have had at some time in the past.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I would add that I haven't gotten any warnings or infections on my notebook or netbook since the major problems a couple weeks ago. But I was really vigilant then, based on that experience, and ran numerous daily scans after that. I use primarily McAfee and also subscribe to Spyware Doctor. I also downloaded and used extensively 3 free versions based on advice on this board -avast, malwarebytes, and ccleaner.

Not to say others haven't experienced live, current issues, but I haven't at all since that time, not even a warning.

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
I am still getting "you are about to leave a secure internet connection" pop up every time I go from page to page. Anyone else?

Last edited: