Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm not able to access emojis when replying in the threads. I need my jimlad!

I can access the symbols to "rate" people's posts, but not include emojis within my clever posts.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I'm not able to access emojis when replying in the threads. I need my jimlad!

I can access the symbols to "rate" people's posts, but not include emojis within my clever posts.
:jimlad:

• Puke
Reactions: Cycsk

ISULibrarian

Apr 17, 2010
Not sure what's going on here, but I keep getting this ad that pops up and blocks the majority of the content after a certain point. It does seem to eventually go away (usually) if I keep endlessly scrolling, but it's not consistent. I'm attaching a screenshot here that doesn't even fully encapsulate the issue, as the screenshot program was able to catch content beyond the ad that doesn't show up for me on my browser until the ad actually goes away.

Attachments

• Problem Ad.png
    Problem Ad.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
For the past few weeks, when accessing CycloneFanatic using Chrome on Windows, the CPU usage is very high. Enough that the fan kicks on. Just opening any forum will do it, but I've also noticed the problem reading articles off the home page.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
For the past few weeks, when accessing CycloneFanatic using Chrome on Windows, the CPU usage is very high. Enough that the fan kicks on. Just opening any forum will do it, but I've also noticed the problem reading articles off the home page.

This. It's enough to lock up the entire browser.

Plus the goddamn TruStage full-page ad.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I have no problems using Chrome on Windows to access the site. I wonder if the "no ads" feature of premium membership makes a difference.

ISULibrarian

Apr 17, 2010
I’ve pretty much stopped using it on my phone. PC browser only.
The TruStage full page ad just popped up on the recent posts page of the forums, rather than within an individual thread, and it drives me nuts how it renders the site practically unusable until it's gone. And it does the opposite of what advertising is supposed to do, because now I not only remember TruStage, but actively dislike it for no reason other than these annoying ads.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Same. Seeing some references on Twitter that it's a widespread problem so it may not be a CF issue.
Yeah noticed it on another forum I visited as well.

Elon making it a "Premium" subscription needed for this as well?

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah noticed it on another forum I visited as well.

Elon making it a "Premium" subscription needed for this as well?

Doubtful. I think there was talk of that at one time but that was months ago. Probably just a tech failure.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Embedded Tweets on the forums not loading for anyone else or only me?
Yep. Blank space saying “This tweet is unavailable” but if you click on the link you go right to it.

Also, can’t help but think how desperately Elon has been trying to rebrand as X, yet so much of the behind-the-scenes stuff still includes redirects to “Twitter.com” or gives you messages like ”this tweet is unavailable.” Almost like he didn’t prepare/think this whole thing through.