urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
For the past few weeks, when accessing CycloneFanatic using Chrome on Windows, the CPU usage is very high. Enough that the fan kicks on. Just opening any forum will do it, but I've also noticed the problem reading articles off the home page.

Any progress on this issue? It doesn't appear there's not a resolution yet.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Anyone else have a problem with Temu ad taking up full screen in the middle of typing a post?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
When using Chrome on Android CF basically freezes my phone and eventually puts my phone in the lock position.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Anyone else getting a lot more ads on the site? There is an ad that comes up from the bottom of the screen that blocks content on mobile.

Looks to have just started this morning for me. Using Brave on iOS

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I wonder if it is related to ads I see are still showing up in DuckDuckGo.

The ones I see there I believe were showing up in other people's browsers a couple of months ago and were reported here by others (using other browsers). I am not positive, but if not in this thread, they might have been reported in a different thread.

I'll provide more information below in case it helps.

I rarely use DuckDuckGo and deleted it from my iPhone shortly after those ads showed up and were reported here on CF. I don't believe I had ever seen any ads before in DuckDuckGo (on any site).

But after seeing this thread today, I looked at the Beta version of DuckDuckGo for Windows that I installed not long ago (but before the ad I'll show below started showing up). I see that ad server still showing up on DuckDuckGo.

I reinstalled DuckDuckGo on my iPhone today and also still see the ads there (only on CF).

Below is what an ad looks like on DuckDuckGo for iPhone. If you click another thread, a different ad appears in the same space. It's not too terrible, but again, I believe these might have been associated with bigger problems others were experiencing and reported here before (regarding other browsers). I'll post again to show what it looks like on Windows.

Whether related to reports here or not, it's something CF should be aware of.

1708020208223.png

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Does anyone else have issues with the top bar (with the CF logo, your avatar, the notification symbol, etc. “detaching” as you scroll do it’s in the middle of the screen?
IMG_2298.png

Edit: was able to get a screen shot not from the cave so used that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I wonder if it is related to ads I see are still showing up in DuckDuckGo.

The ones I see there I believe were showing up in other people's browsers a couple of months ago and were reported here by others (using other browsers). I am not positive, but if not in this thread, they might have been reported in a different thread.

I'll provide more information below in case it helps.

I rarely use DuckDuckGo and deleted it from my iPhone shortly after those ads showed up and were reported here on CF. I don't believe I had ever seen any ads before in DuckDuckGo (on any site).

But after seeing this thread today, I looked at the Beta version of DuckDuckGo for Windows that I installed not long ago (but before the ad I'll show below started showing up). I see that ad server still showing up on DuckDuckGo.

I reinstalled DuckDuckGo on my iPhone today and also still see the ads there (only on CF).

Below is what an ad looks like on DuckDuckGo for iPhone. If you click another thread, a different ad appears in the same space. It's not too terrible, but again, I believe these might have been associated with bigger problems others were experiencing and reported here before (regarding other browsers). I'll post again to show what it looks like on Windows.

Whether related to reports here or not, it's something CF should be aware of.

View attachment 123993

Below is what it looks like on that Beta version of DuckDuckGo for Windows:

1708021922454.png

It's just an empty ad server there though. When I click on the tab where it says "edge", this came up:

1708022052714.png

When I click on the opt-out link "here" at the bottom, this came up (in two parts):

1708022163366.png

1708022185916.png

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Below is the full page for the one that says "Maximize Revenue" at the top in four parts (again, in the Beta version of DuckDuckGo for Windows):

1708022354473.png

1708022390773.png
1708022429808.png

1708022457142.png

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
The beta version of DuckDuckGo for Windows is their first version, I believe. I always liked what they have on iPhone.

I saw today that they have a new feature on the beta version for Windows, a VPN built into the browser. I downloaded the VPN also, tried it, and saw that it worked.

I also saw today that they are apparently syncing now across devices (which they weren't when that beta version came out a couple of months ago).

CYedUp

Dec 18, 2021
I appreciate the people involved on making this site possible. I frequent this more than any other and love that involve the community to make it a better experience. I have been on the Houston cougers board and didn't know if you ever thought of having something like that? I like that their posts happen in real time and no need to refresh the page. Just an idea but keep up the great work here .

• Winner
Reactions: Clone83

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
The beta version of DuckDuckGo for Windows is their first version, I believe. I always liked what they have on iPhone.

I saw today that they have a new feature on the beta version for Windows, a VPN built into the browser. I downloaded the VPN also, tried it, and saw that it worked.

I also saw today that they are apparently syncing now across devices (which they weren't when that beta version came out a couple of months ago).
That VPN on the DuckDuckGo Windows beta seems pretty nice. It is easy to use. It has connections in 7 U.S. cities, plus Canada, UK, Netherlands, France, Germany, and Spain. Unless you switch it off, it stays on even after the browser is closed.

That Edge thing disappears on connections outside the U.S.