Pomlee

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I do not like coaches calling out players in the media, that is insane, Mac knows he is on the hot seat and only does what is best for him, ask Wesley Johnson, this man needs to go and I have never had so little interest in ISU basketball. A petition to fire Mac needs to begin.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I do not like coaches calling out players in the media, that is insane, Mac knows he is on the hot seat and only does what is best for him, ask Wesley Johnson, this man needs to go and I have never had so little interest in ISU basketball. A petition to fire Mac needs to begin.

why on earth would any fan call for the coach to be fired in the middle of the season?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Wesley Johnson....the guy that was poached away at a wedding?

No interest? That's why there are 34,935,239 posts about MBB today.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Ya, I'll ask the guy that couldn't even tell anyone he was transferring himself. That's the first guy I'll ask.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
If the team is falling apart, I think it will solidify McDermotts end as the coach at ISU. Tranfer after transfer since he has been here including our best player in Wesley Johnson. Something is obviously wrong with McDermott. You do not see this many players transfer from one school over a 4 year period.

Reactions: coachdags

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
UNIGuy4Cy isn't claiming that we (fans), as a whole, don't have interest in ISU bball. He's making a personal statement solely about his own interest in the program... Your response is irrelevant.
Thanks, obviously he did not read the post and jumped to conclusions.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR

Not sure I agree he feels he is on the "hot seat", his contract is worth enough to set 99% of Americans for life, to me that means he is feeling the pressure to win and some obligation to make that happen which is a good thing, what would be worse since we are apparently stuck with him and his contract is if he threw in the towel and rode it out till the final payday. I do agree the player defections and apparent current discontent are VERY concerning. Many of us have seen an unsuccessful coach at ISU milk it out till the last payday and it wasn't pretty (Walden). The only way I can see we can get a new coach in the near future is if Football brings in a lot of money or a big time booster feels the same as many us do...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
UNIGuy4Cy isn't claiming that we (fans), as a whole, don't have interest in ISU bball. He's making a personal statement solely about his own interest in the program... Your response is irrelevant.

I misread :smile:

But that still doesn't explain why he has double digits in posts about ISU MBB over the past couple days...

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
Looks like the Duke game is grading as a big-time failure in the end...so many things are coming to a head now. And to think there was so much enthusiasm prior to the game, and now everything is falling apart. Sickening.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
sounds like we should just give up and call it a year, or have we already done that?
this is the closest thing to a lost cause...aka Iowa mens bball....if our conference campaign ends up with 5 wins....its time for an internal overhaul of the mens bball program...:yes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron