Pomlee

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I think it is becomming increasingly obvious what is wrong with this team:

-Craig frustrated the team is struggling as much as his draft stock is.
-Colvin playing for himself and considering transfering.
-Pomlee apparently thinking about transfering.
-DG and Dendy getting into an argument on the bench.
-McD calling out some players in a post-game conference.

I think it just may be a chemistry problem...

uhm...thats called a trainwreckk.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
McDermott has lost total control of the team. They have no faith in him as a coach. He needs to have a meeting immediately and tell everyone on the team that he is the coach right now and he is in charge. Lay down the law and say those who want to be Cyclones stay in this room and those who don't get the hell out. When the players start running the team it gets to be beyond repair.

from everything that's been said, it sounds like he's had a number of those meetings.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If our players spent half the time on trying to get better as they do on Facebook, they'd actually be decent.

Ya, because it takes so much time to show support for someone on your team who most likely is going through something negative.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I don't know the situation with Pomlee, I hope it's nothing health wise, but I wish we'd have a no-Facebook policy for our players. Some of the crap that has been posted over the past few weeks has not only made the players look bad, it's made either Ames or ISU look bad. Not talking about this situation, just in general.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't know the situation with Pomlee, I hope it's nothing health wise, but I wish we'd have a no-Facebook policy for our players. Some of the crap that has been posted over the past few weeks has not only made the players look bad, it's made either Ames or ISU look bad. Not talking about this situation, just in general.

Or Twitter :skeptical:

Hope all is well LA...

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Ya, because it takes so much time to show support for someone on your team who most likely is going through something negative.

So the posts over the past few weeks about how lame Ames is, how the players are respected by the coaches, how the playing time isn't good enough, how they want to get out of here, etc aren't disruptive or uncalled for?

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
train_wreck.jpg

Reactions: cycloneML

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

OK, I can respect that. I may disagree to a point but I respect it. Just seemed like it could be poor timing to make a statement on that to me.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
sounds like we should just give up and call it a year, or have we already done that?

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Apparently some of the players think they can coach the team from their computers just like us message board posters do.... that isn't good - do you think for one second a successful coach would allow this crap? I doubt it.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I think they just need some team building exercises. Maybe one player each day could be assigned to bring treats for after practice.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It is becoming increasingly obvious that McD has lost this team. Players are starting to be open and obvious about their discontent. This does not look good, although if the guys just started improvising on offense it may yield a better result than the wonderful "sets" McD has drawn up.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
am i the only one that didnt know colvin was considering transferring?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
am i the only one that didnt know colvin was considering transferring?

I'm sure some will tell you they've known about it for a while, but I don't think it was discussed around here until after McDermott's press conference comment last night.