Post-Kansas: Would You Fire Paul Rhoads?

Fire or Not? Which Option do you most agree with?

• Paul Rhoads should be fired ASAP

Votes: 108 25.5%
  • Paul Rhoads should be fired at the end of the season, barring a miraculous turnaround.

Votes: 137 32.4%
  • Paul Rhoads should get 2015 as a "make or break" season and be on the hot seat going into it.

Votes: 143 33.8%
  • Paul Rhoads should not be on the hot seat and should remain head coach for at least two more seasons

Votes: 35 8.3%

• Total voters

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I'm not saying I want Rhoads gone, but there is coaching problems when a team degresses as the season moves on. My hope is this puts a fire under him like he had when he arrived. Not sure it will happen though. I like Rhoads and respect him, but he is not improving this program right now.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Do the people who voted for give him next season or two years not realize that next season with him is going to be just as bad, at least record wise as this season? Cut ties with him now and start the rebuilding process. Next season will just be a wasted year with him at the helm. Keeping him is just delaying the inevitable at the end of next season and putting ISU one more year away from getting better.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Last poll I voted give him 2 more years. But this killed it for me, switched it to fire him ASAP. Let Mangino finish the year, let's see what he can do. No need to delay the inevitable.

clonedog

Dec 12, 2008
PR has lost his team. Look at the score from the Kansa game last year and the score this year. The ISU football team is in a nose dive and at this point we cannot afford to allow PR to crash the "plane" into the ground. JP has been selling hope for the last couple of years. JP is no longer going to be able to sell hope; ticket sales will plummet, construction will continue, and disaster will unfold. JP has taken huge gambles with the ISU football program and the program is in worse shape than when JP started. If changes are not made; the message to the team, fans, and the rest of the world is acceptance of a declining football program. Time to hit the "re-start" button--new AD and new FB coach ASAP!!!

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Fire ASAP should be 100%. You guys are idiots. Even the mediocrity lovers have to be frustrated. We are not mediocre. We are one of the worst teams in the nation.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Do the people who voted for give him next season or two years not realize that next season with him is going to be just as bad, at least record wise as this season? Cut ties with him now and start the rebuilding process. Next season will just be a wasted year with him at the helm. Keeping him is just delaying the inevitable at the end of next season and putting ISU one more year away from getting better.

Next year SHOULD be better. ISUhas the weapons on offense to be good, and ISU's rather young defense will be a year older.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
wow...have these results changed in the past two hours. i looked at halftime just for fun...i think we have a pretty good idea what everyone thinks.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Next year SHOULD be better. ISUhas the weapons on offense to be good, and ISU's rather young defense will be a year older.

Meh, that's kind of like saying a kid with polio should be better at walking every time they have a birthday.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We are in a bad place, a very bad place. If it wasn't for the contract, I'd say he's probably gone. We may be at the point where not making a change would cost us more. I don't know.

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014
Regretfully, I switched from one more year to fire now. The team's lack of preparedness, as evidenced by the deep hole dug in the first quarter, and the lack of success at home during the past two years makes it necessary to make a change for the good of the whole athletic department.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
CPR's record through Jake Knott's final game? 23-23 (11-19). CPR's record since? 6-20 (3-16). Yikes.

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
It's time to fire Rhoads. He has lost this football team, and they rolled over against Kansas. Give Mangino the reins and see what happens over the final three games because we can't get any worse than we are right now.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
We have been bad before, but CPR has always had the players, at least in the beginning of games. I don't know if that is true now. Miller was a leader. Sam too. We are leaderless on the field right now. Can that change before next season? If not, it all comes down to the bean counters.