Post-Spring Depth Chart

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Better than Foster, Campos, Dawson, and Good-Jones?
Right now, I think he is the 3rd best lineman on the team behind JGJ and Campos. Foster has the highest ceiling, but right now he's not in the top 3. If you follow over at 247 at all, you would know that Meeker has beefed up to nearly 320lbs. and has been very impressive this Spring.

I think Dawson and Udeogu are both starters, Dawson might be the odd man out(at first) due to his late arrival.

I could see a few scenario's happening.

One being: LT-Foster LG-Udeogu C-JGJ RG-Meeker RT-Campos
Second being: LT-Foster LG-Dawson C-JGJ RG-Meeker RT-Campos
Then a third (which has been talked about: LT- Foster LG- Udeogu/Dawson C-JGJ RG-Campos RT-Meeker

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I'll reiterate, Bryce Meeker will be a starter. He is one of the best 3 linemen on the team.

Last night watched the spring game highlights with a lot of slow-mo. Bryce, imho, is not only the most physically imposing lineman (height + bulk in the right places) we have, he looked damn good with his movement and blocked very well. He looks like a different cat now.

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It's all a guess, but, te

Last night watched the spring game highlights with a lot of slow-mo. Bryce, imho, is not only the most physically imposing lineman (height + bulk in the right places) we have, he looked damn good with his movement and blocked very well. He looks like a different cat now.
You basically said everything I saw as well. He looks like he put in a ton of work.

Reactions: CyValley

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
I'm hoping Vance comes in this fall and just lays waste to all. I want that kid to play right meow!!
I think people are under estimating Hummel. He should be at least a good all-round LB. Not as a pass rusher as Vance, but maybe better with stopping the run

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think people are under estimating Hummel. He should be at least a good all-round LB. Not as a pass rusher as Vance, but maybe better with stopping the run
I'm not underestimating him. I know he is a good athlete I've heard from coaches with first hand experience how good he is. Vance, however, looks like a freeking NFL linebacker to me. Now that all has to come to fruition, but that kid has the body and the athleticism to make it happen.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
Meeker, JGJ, and Foster would a good foundation for the line. They all play for 3-4 years. So instead of having to find 3-4 starters each year, only two new starters would be needed.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Meeker, JGJ, and Foster would a good foundation for the line. They all play for 3-4 years. So instead of having to find 3-4 starters each year, only two new starters would be needed.

After watching Bryce Meeker in the spring game video, I'm pumped that we're going to be capable on the O-Line this fall.

So, Meeker, Foster (he went against Uwazurike a lot in the game and dominated, from the plays I watched), JGJ, and Campos. Plus Dawson (watched his UM video, powerful, aggressive, capable), Udeogu, and Garcia, who imho looked pretty darn good later last fall. We could be OK. That's what, 35 or more starts compared with one at the 2016 season outset?

Foster and Udeogu haven't played Div. I snaps yet, still. . . .

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
After watching Bryce Meeker in the spring game video, I'm pumped that we're going to be capable on the O-Line this fall.

So, Meeker, Foster (he went against Uwazurike a lot in the game and dominated, from the plays I watched), JGJ, and Campos. Plus Dawson (watched his UM video, powerful, aggressive, capable), Udeogu, and Garcia, who imho looked pretty darn good later last fall. We could be OK. That's what, 35 or more starts compared with one at the 2016 season outset?

I'm optimistic as well.

Foster is still very young, but looks extremely promising. Still looks pretty slender, but is likely near 300.

We will have a very big O-Line. Just going off of last falls roster
Foster 6'8 290 and you can guarantee he's over 300 now

Udeogu 6'3 325 might be about 315 now. Has leaned out

JGJ 6'5 295 should be over 300 now

Meeker 6'5 305 was reported that he's close to 320

Campos 6'8 310 and looks lean.

Dawson 6'4 325

Who knows how good the line will be, but they're huge.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm optimistic as well.

Foster is still very young, but looks extremely promising. Still looks pretty slender, but is likely near 300.

We will have a very big O-Line. Just going off of last falls roster
Foster 6'8 290 and you can guarantee he's over 300 now

Udeogu 6'3 325 might be about 315 now. Has leaned out

JGJ 6'5 295 should be over 300 now

Meeker 6'5 305 was reported that he's close to 320

Campos 6'8 310 and looks lean.

Dawson 6'4 325

Who knows how good the line will be, but they're huge.
Thank god. Rhoads line always seemed to be about 280

• Disagree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Which Spring game video are you watching...I would love to see it but I can't find much on Cyclones.com. Is there more extensive video somewhere?

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Which Spring game video are you watching...I would love to see it but I can't find much on Cyclones.com. Is there more extensive video somewhere?

Here, at Cyclone Football twitter, there's a 30-minute recap. It's about the 9th item down the page (at the time I looked, always adding new stuff, including a photo today of a Jack Trice relative standing next to the JT statue at JTS):

https://twitter.com/CycloneFB?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Hope that gets you there.

Reactions: Doc

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron