Predictions - Football

mpc4isu7

Jun 16, 2007
Here is this years football schedule. Lets here some predictions on how the year will go.

Kent State
Northern Iowa
Iowa
at Toledo
at Nebraska
at Texas Tech
Texas
Oklahoma
at Missouri
Kansas State
Colorado
at Kasas

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Re: Predictions

Just gut instinct...

Kent State - W
Northern Iowa -W
Iowa -W
at Toledo -W
at Nebraska -L
at Texas Tech -L
Texas -L
Oklahoma -L
at Missouri -L
Kansas State -W
Colorado -W
at Kansas -L

6-6, 2 conference wins, 4th or 5th in the North.

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA

what makes you think we'll lose 5 games in a row; maybe if mac was still the coach but i don't see that happening this year also why would we lose to kansas with nothing on the line, if it was for the north title sure we'd probably lose but with nothing on the line I see no reason why we'd lose that game

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

what makes you think we'll lose 5 games in a row; maybe if mac was still the coach but i don't see that happening this year also why would we lose to kansas with nothing on the line, if it was for the north title sure we'd probably lose but with nothing on the line I see no reason why we'd lose that game

I'd be hard pressed to find any team that would survive a stretch of back-to-back games versus Nebraska, Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri. One of those games should be stealable IMO, but a realistic prediction should be 6-6.

Also, if we lose to Kansas in the finale, it'll be because the team didn't make any progress improving during the year. That game is winnable.

Sioux_Per_Cy

Mar 31, 2006

Sorry to be so pessimistic

Kent State - W
Northern Iowa -W
Iowa -L

at Toledo -L
at Nebraska -L
at Texas Tech -L
Texas -L
Oklahoma -L
at Missouri -L
Kansas State -W
Colorado -W
at Kansas -L

4-8, 2 conference wins, 5th or 6th in the North

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA

The fact that we have a totally new and unproven offensive line with no depth.

I could just as easily see us not win a conference game and lose to Iowa. I thought I was being fairly optimistic with my gut feel predictions.

9seven

Apr 15, 2006
Indianola/Boone

Sorry to be so pessimistic

Kent State - W
Northern Iowa -W
Iowa -L

at Toledo -L
at Nebraska -L
at Texas Tech -L
Texas -L
Oklahoma -L
at Missouri -L
Kansas State -W
Colorado -W
at Kansas -L

4-8, 2 conference wins, 5th or 6th in the North

-No way we lose to UNI, but i can see the rest.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

Seems to me, that we still have a load of talent, particularly on O. Solid QB with good quality backups. A top flight receiver corp and what looks to be a serviceable run game. Now, despite the fact that we'll have at least 4 new starters on the line - well, to put it bluntly I just can't see it getting worse. And I'd wager the infusion of the Chizik and Co "toughness" mentality will pay dividends.

On D, a bunch of young kids got a ton of experience last year, especially in the secondary. Bowen is tops, and the other LB's aren't bad. Up front is the question, and I'll defer to my hope regarding the O-Line.

The difference will be can the new coaching staff keep these guys together during that October stretch. I'd say yes and the team will improve.

So

Kent State - W
Northern Iowa -W
Iowa -L
at Toledo -W
at Nebraska -L
at Texas Tech -L
Texas -L
Oklahoma -L
at Missouri -L
Kansas State -W
Colorado -W
at Kansas -W

6-6.

Games. I don't think Iowa is as good as their fans think (are they ever?). But they're still better than us, even at home and that early in the year. Toledo, I think we have shot, and a good one, but that game scares me more than any other. Likewise I think we have a shot at Mizzou. KU, the writeoff of this game by everybody has me perplexed. Big 4 in the middle? Sorry - no way, no how.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Where's your prediction then? :wink0st:

Kent State - W
Northern Iowa - W
Iowa - L (but very close)
at Toledo - W
at Nebraska - L
at Texas Tech - L
Texas - L
Oklahoma - L
at Missouri - L
Kansas State - L
Colorado - W (another very close one)
at Kansas - W

5-7 (2 conference wins)

Just my realistic look at it. A few of these games could go either way, we'll have a much better idea after the first game or two.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I think the 2 predictions with 4 and 5 wins (Sioux_Per_Cy and ISUFan22) are pretty realistic. I hate losing to the Hawks but I won't be shocked if we do. Anything more than 4 or 5 wins and I'll be pleasantly surprised. This team still has a lot of wholes and depth issues plus inexpirience and questions at some spots as well. Plus the fact I don't think Meyer is a player that can take a mediocre team on his back and steal a few wins that we shouldn't have.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona

Kent State W
UNI W
Iowa W
at Toledo W
at Nebraska L
at Texas Tech L
Texas L
Oklahoma L
at Missouri L
Kansas State L
Colorado W
at Kansas W

Iowa and Toledo will be tough tough wins. Well, actually they will all be tough tough wins.

My predictions are based on that the JUCO's are as good as advertised.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

Kent State W
Northern Iowa W
Iowa W
at Toledo W
at Nebraska L
at Texas Tech W
Texas L
Oklahoma L
at Missouri L
Kansas State L
Colorado W
at Kansas L

6-6 Back to a bowl game - not a good one, but back to one nonetheless.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006

We have more questionmarks on this team than Marcus Fizer has tattoos. Everyone knows about the offensive line, but what about the defensive line that was pushed around last year? What about the secondary that was mistake prone? I have faith in JJ Bass, but none of us really know how that will work. Jason Scales would be medicore, but he will be injured by conference play.

We are fine at QB, WR, TE, Kicker/punter, and LB but that's it. Plus, we have zero depth.

Likely wins over Kent St, UNI.
Possible wins over Iowa, Toledo, Colorado,

Likely losses: Nebraska, Tech, Mizzou, Texas, Oklahoma(way more talent, but like I feel like this could be an upset win for us) K-State, Kansas.

I think 4-8 is very likely, but it will be a better looking season than our previous one. Rome wasn't built in a day and Gene and Co. have a lot of work to do to clean up Mac's mess he left.

Ernie Godfrey

May 17, 2006

Kent State W
UNI W
Iowa L
at Toledo L
at Nebraska L
at Texas Tech L
Texas L
Oklahoma L
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
Colorado W
at Kansas W

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Also...I'm not feeling great about my prediction on either of those conference games. Keep in mind we only won 1 of 'em last year - the final game of D-Mac's ISU career and against a team that I think overlooked us.

I see Colorado getting better this year and they spanked us last season. I don't know much about Kansas yet they've defeated us twice in a row now. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if I should've had us 3-9. :no6xn:

It's all going to depend on the trenches, a well-used phrase yet in our case - it's very true.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006

Winning the last three would be great momentum to take into the off season. With the way the schedule plays out, I could see that happening.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

Kent State W
UNI W
Iowa L
at Toledo L
at Nebraska L
at Texas Tech L
Texas L
Oklahoma L
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
Colorado W
at Kansas L

BUT YET A BRIGHT FUTURE!!!!

ekim121

Apr 13, 2006

I predict 4-8/5-7 with 6-6 being a miracle...I think penciling in at win at Toledo is naive. Also, while the leadership is different, the personnel is largely the same, so we'll see how they bounce back from Nebraska/TTech/Texas/Oklahoma as last year's team folded like a lawn chair.