Predictions - Football

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Why do you have to compare ISU to the "sqwaks" (sic). Are the hawkeyes your every reference point. Please just quit doing it..you are making cyclone-ville look obcessed.

A. I live in Davenport, the heart of Sqwak country.

B. Once the 75% of people who participate on this board stop comparing what the Cyclones do to what the Sqwaks do, then I'll stop as well. Capice???

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Why do you have to compare ISU to the "sqwaks" (sic). Are the hawkeyes your every reference point. Please just quit doing it..you are making cyclone-ville look obcessed.

According to Gary Dolphin all of cyclone nation is nothing but obsessed with the squawkeyes and the little eleven.

PLEASE boys don't include me in that group, because I'm obsessed with Nebraska and huskernation. I would give everything I own for a 15 game winning streak against the huskers and oh yes I will be in Lincoln at Memorial Stadium when the Clones take the field!!

Go Cyclones Beat the Huskers!!!!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
According to Gary Dolphin all of cyclone nation is nothing but obsessed with the squawkeyes and the little eleven.

PLEASE boys don't include me in that group, because I'm obsessed with Nebraska and huskernation. I would give everything I own for a 15 game winning streak against the huskers and oh yes I will be in Lincoln at Memorial Stadium when the Clones take the field!!

As much as I want to beat the 'Skers, I'd rather beat iowa. I grew up in Ames and had to deal with annoying hawk fans since age 7

darts180

Apr 12, 2006

Couldn't agree more with the kNU sentiment. I still remember watching them put 77 on Dan's first team, and how arrogant their fans are, you know.

However, you have to remember that a lot of the posters on here grew up as Hawk fans, so that game is obviously important to them, plus that game always brought the best out of our former coach (job security), so cut them some slack.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
I am not concerned so much with total wins & losses this year as a whole. I just hope that Coach Chizik & company actually win a game or 2 against a team that they were not supposed to beat.

Dan Mac never did that. That is, beating a high ranked team not named the Hawkeyes. Even Jim Walden took down Nebraska when Nebraska was still Nebraska. Not the bastardized, victim of identity-theft, Nebraska we see today. Dan Mac's teams came close a couple times, but never got it done.

Anyway, I'd love to see Coach Chizik's crew take down an Oklahoma, Texas, or Nebraska as well as Eastern Iowa. Or at least give them a scare in a competetive game.