PREDICTIONS: Iowa State at Texas

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
No idea but it will really impress me if they can win considering our troubles down there in the past.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Texas 77 - ISU 71. Road games are tuff and this team is consistent in their inconsistency.

• Dislike
Reactions: dirtyninety

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I predict that regardless of score, I will bump the "Does everybody know what time it is" thread on Wednesday or Thursday.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlHungus

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Iowa State will fail to show up for the first 15 minutes of the game getting their asses kicked by the worst team in the Big 12 and lose the game by 2.
ISU = 65
Texas = 67

• Winner
Reactions: cyclones500

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Guess you guys were right, that'll teach me to be optimistic. So much for having tourney breathing room. I still think we'll be in, but at minimum need to take care of OU, TCU & OK State at Hilton. Baylor, @KSU & @Tech seem pretty impossible at this point, but so did @KU I suppose. And of course it'd be foolish to predict a win in Morgantown.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think that was probably the easiest loss I've seen coming this year besides the trip to Waco

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Guess you guys were right, that'll teach me to be optimistic. So much for having tourney breathing room. I still think we'll be in, but at minimum need to take care of OU, TCU & OK State at Hilton. Baylor, @KSU & @Tech seem pretty impossible at this point, but so did @KU I suppose. And of course it'd be foolish to predict a win in Morgantown.

The games at home are going to be awfully tricky.

TCU's big did what he felt like, and Prohm's odd commitment to small ball, when it's quite likely Young impacted the game at KU, may be the case again.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
67-65 Texas..

Clones will probably come out playing like total ****. Im willing to bet it'll be so bad, they will have 5 points at the under 12 timeout.

They will slowly crawl their way back into it, but only to be down at halftime.

Some other **** will happen and Matt Thomas will miss a game winning 3 point shot that he may or may not have gotten off.

I won't be able to watch it, so let me know if I'm right!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Letdown game here. But that's okay. We've done the damage. Classic can't get over the hump game mixed with some terrible officiating.

Texas 84
ISU 78

Pretty much this. It's lonely being one of the few people that understands basketball.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Pretty much this. It's lonely being one of the few people that understands basketball.

Glad this thread got bumped. It's full of people acknowledging that Texas has some talent despite their record and predicting losses or very close wins, and then it's Meltdown City after it actually happens.

There were chances for better things last night, and perhaps better coaching moves, and it was frustrating but it was hardly shocking.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Glad this thread got bumped. It's full of people acknowledging that Texas has some talent despite their record and predicting losses or very close wins, and then it's Meltdown City after it actually happens.

There were chances for better things last night, and perhaps better coaching moves, and it was frustrating but it was hardly shocking.
TBF at least for me it was predicting that we would, but knowing we absolutely had no business losing that game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
TBF at least for me it was predicting that we would, but knowing we absolutely had no business losing that game.

Agreed.

A possession that sticks out was when ISU got rolling a bit and Monte launched about a 24 footer almost as soon as the ball got over half court. That's just one example of many and I doubt it's what Prohm wanted.

If Texas did anything better it was having more patience when they needed it.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Agreed.

A possession that sticks out was when ISU got rolling a bit and Monte launched about a 24 footer almost as soon as the ball got over half court. That's just one example of many and I doubt it's what Prohm wanted.

If Texas did anything better it was having more patience when they needed it.
I'm beginning to think that Monte and Naz don't always agree with the coach.