PREDICTIONS: Iowa State at West Virginia

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I think most of those predictions look like too many points to me. Based on how well the ISU D has played recently, combined with WVU’s knack for turning the ball over, I’m taking this under in this one. This feels a lot like the TTU game to me, but WVU is better and will put up a few more points.

Clones keep it rolling, 31 - 24

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The jump ball passing attack is figured out, but the Clones move the ball just enough to win

24-21

How does a defense figure out a jump ball passing attack? Not being sarcastic or anything, just curious. I know if the corners are undersized and can't man up the receivers you can play your safeties deep and roll coverages to one side or the other, but if you do that aren't you leaving the entire middle of the field wide open?

ISU85

Jun 3, 2015
They score on everybody, including 24 points at TCU, but they give up a lot of points too, including 34 to Kansas.

I'll say ISU 37 - WVU 27

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
How does a defense figure out a jump ball passing attack? Not being sarcastic or anything, just curious. I know if the corners are undersized and can't man up the receivers you can play your safeties deep and roll coverages to one side or the other, but if you do that aren't you leaving the entire middle of the field wide open?

If you go back and watch these passes and their placement, it's a lot less of a "50-50" ball because Kempt is putting it in a place where the WR has a substantially higher chance of getting the ball.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If you go back and watch these passes and their placement, it's a lot less of a "50-50" ball because Kempt is putting it in a place where the WR has a substantially higher chance of getting the ball.

That's true, too. He's been pretty good about placing the ball so that the only guy who has a chance to make a play on it is the receiver.

• Agree
Reactions: cystate1

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
ISU 35
WVU 14

OSU literally handed WVU 2 TD's, maybe 3, and OSU still won by 11 points within Morgantown. This game shouldn't be close. WVU's pass/rush defense is statistically worse than Kansas. Score is 21-7 ISU by halftime, go up 2 TD and WVU gets a TD late against the scrubs.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I really enjoy Jay's insights on the day after write ups, but I really want to know what made him pick a 45-20 game.

Hopefully he knows something that others don't!

31-27 ISU.