Premier League

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I know this is a Premier League thread, but does anyone watch other leagues besides the Prem?
Ill watch if I see them on as I'm flipping channels but I don't really follow any other leagues closely.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Ill watch if I see them on as I'm flipping channels but I don't really follow any other leagues closely.

Yeah, I figured the Premier League would be the most followed. I personally like the Bundesliga the best out of the European leagues but that's mostly because their are a lot of Americans in the league.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I know this is a Premier League thread, but does anyone watch other leagues besides the Prem?

I watch Barcelona pretty much every week. My daughter loves Messi and it's become a tradition that we record the Barca match and then watch it sometime during the weekend. I'll also watch Real Madrid on occasion depending on who they are playing.

And then I also watch a decent amount of Bundesliga trying to keep up with the US guys over there. So mostly Monchengladbach, Dortmund, and Hertha Berlin. Since Bobby Wood signed with Hamburg I'm sure I'll add them to the list this season assuming he plays a decent amount.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I watch Barcelona pretty much every week. My daughter loves Messi and it's become a tradition that we record the Barca match and then watch it sometime during the weekend. I'll also watch Real Madrid on occasion depending on who they are playing.

And then I also watch a decent amount of Bundesliga trying to keep up with the US guys over there. So mostly Monchengladbach, Dortmund, and Hertha Berlin. Since Bobby Wood signed with Hamburg I'm sure I'll add them to the list this season assuming he plays a decent amount.

Can't go wrong watching Messi and Ronaldo.

Also look out for Shalke and of coarse, Dortmund. Shalke has Haji Wright now and McKinnie(?) in their youth system. And obviously BVB has Pulisic and Gyua is coming back from injury.

I follow the bundesliga and this year the 2. Bundesliga bc my team got relegated last year

Who's your team?

Last question, don't want to derail the thread anymore. But does anyone follow MLS? It's the league I follow the most but just wondering if it's popular on this board.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Who's your team?

Last question, don't want to derail the thread anymore. But does anyone follow MLS? It's the league I follow the most but just wondering if it's popular on this board.
Hannover 96, and anyone playing against Red Bull Leipzig.

And I try to follow the MLS. I cheer for Portland and anyone playing against the red bulls

Reactions: ISUCY23

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Hannover 96, and anyone playing against Red Bull Leipzig.

And I try to follow the MLS. I cheer for Portland and anyone playing against the red bulls

Really hate the Red Bull teams, huh? Haha

As an SKC fan, I can't say Portland is exactly my favorite team after the playoffs last year.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Really hate the Red Bull teams, huh? Haha

As an SKC fan, I can't say Portland is exactly my favorite team after the playoffs last year.
Oh yeah. Mostly because red bull's mo is to buy teams and then change everything about them and try to erase their previous history

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
just MLS and premier league for me. I tried to get into the bundesliga last year since it was on FS1, but that just didn't happen for me.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Mustafi to Arsenal has apparently stalled. With the luck I've had trying to keep up with the transfer news I'm going to go ahead and say Arsenal will not sign Lacazette. There that will do it ;)

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Count me as another that watches a little MLS. I watch almost every Sounders match mostly because I love Dempsey, go figure. Deuce along with Oba the previous couple years was pure magic to watch. Seattle has been pretty horrendous this year, but they look like they might be a different team since they finally pried Nicolas Lodeiro away from Boca Juniors.

Reactions: ISUCY23

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Mustafi to Arsenal has apparently stalled. With the luck I've had trying to keep up with the transfer news I'm going to go ahead and say Arsenal will not sign Lacazette. There that will do it ;)

Never thought Lacazette was gonna happen. Lyon's president is a douche and Arsenal don't do business with them because they inflate their players' prices way too high.

An Arsenal ITK said that the Mustafi deal is still on, I think they are haggling between 20-25 million. I say pay the extra 5 as Arsenal's bargaining power is very low.

Striker wise if it's going to happen the name has not been linked yet (Dean Ornstein saying that). There's a better chance of signing Benzema than Lacazette (Lewandowski to Real Madrid then Benzema to Arsenal).

Striker is probably going to be out of nowhere.

Also, I probably can't this weekend but I'd be down to do a gamewatch at Cafe Beaudelaire or something like that. Would be cool to meet some CFers, especially Arsenal fans.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
It looks like Pep is angling to bring Claudio Bravo to Man City with Joe Hart moving to Everton. It's amazing how many huge names are moving into the PL this year between the managers and players.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Never thought Lacazette was gonna happen. Lyon's president is a douche and Arsenal don't do business with them because they inflate their players' prices way too high.

An Arsenal ITK said that the Mustafi deal is still on, I think they are haggling between 20-25 million. I say pay the extra 5 as Arsenal's bargaining power is very low.

Striker wise if it's going to happen the name has not been linked yet (Dean Ornstein saying that). There's a better chance of signing Benzema than Lacazette (Lewandowski to Real Madrid then Benzema to Arsenal).

Striker is probably going to be out of nowhere.

Also, I probably can't this weekend but I'd be down to do a gamewatch at Cafe Beaudelaire or something like that. Would be cool to meet some CFers, especially Arsenal fans.

I saw that they posted that on Arsenal Mania. They were saying the big hold up was they don't want to take away money from what they have budgeted for a striker, therefore the big fuss on $3-$5M. I get the budget but in these circumstances its a must for us to splurge. Shows the team really is run as a business first, FC next.

I would be down for the Watford game 27th. Excited to say that tailgating will start to get in the way of putting something together after that weekend.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
The Premier League is adding Friday night matches on certain weekends this season. Manchester United and Southampton are the first to go on Friday tomorrow afternoon in the States.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The Premier League is adding Friday night matches on certain weekends this season. Manchester United and Southampton are the first to go on Friday tomorrow afternoon in the States.
Ugh, this is going to be such a long season. Zlatan is going to Zlatan like a hundred Zlatans.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Arsenal lucky to escape with a point. Should have been a penalty on Bellerian.