Premier League

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
60184286_10157503891909101_5533860362106961920_o.jpg

Reactions: OnlyCyclones

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Don't know how I feel. Absolutely brilliant season, and very proud of the Liverpool squad, but still come up short.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Don't know how I feel. Absolutely brilliant season, and very proud of the Liverpool squad, but still come up short.

Reflecting on the season, there is nothing to be sad about from a Liverpool perspective. Yeah, it sucks not lifting the trophy after such an incredible season, but they did all they could. Didn't drop points over the last 2 months. 3rd highest points total in league history. Only 1 loss on the year. Most clean sheets. Joint top scorers. Player of the year.

It took City being nearly perfect since the turn of the year, a wonder strike from a CB who hadn't scored in over a year, a City goal by millimeters, and a City save by fewer millimeters to keep Liverpool from the title. One heck of a season, one heck of a title race. Tip of the hat to City. To echo Andy Robertson, we will be back.

On to Madrid.

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
Reflecting on the season, there is nothing to be sad about from a Liverpool perspective. Yeah, it sucks not lifting the trophy after such an incredible season, but they did all they could. Didn't drop points over the last 2 months. 3rd highest points total in league history. Only 1 loss on the year. Most clean sheets. Joint top scorers. Player of the year.

It took City being nearly perfect since the turn of the year, a wonder strike from a CB who hadn't scored in over a year, a City goal by millimeters, and a City save by fewer millimeters to keep Liverpool from the title. One heck of a season, one heck of a title race. Tip of the hat to City. To echo Andy Robertson, we will be back.

On to Madrid.

Tell that to the 88-year-old who isn't sure he/she will be around to see what happens next year. I don't know how you aren't gutted; so close yet still coming up short. The Cyclone kick to the nuts will be losing the final in Madrid. I'll be in Liverpool to watch the game; I'm praying the city has something tangible to celebrate after this season.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Tell that to the 88-year-old who isn't sure he/she will be around to see what happens next year. I don't know how you aren't gutted; so close yet still coming up short. The Cyclone kick to the nuts will be losing the final in Madrid. I'll be in Liverpool to watch the game; I'm praying the city has something tangible to celebrate after this season.

If Liverpool had the lead heading into the final day, and dropped points letting City steal the title, I'd be gutted. As it was, Liverpool needed 2 miracles in the span of a week, and only got 1. Maybe its the after affects of the euphoria from last Tuesday night that make it not much of a bother to me, but it was also the expected outcome heading into the season/last match that City would lift the trophy.

The season was a magnificent one for Liverpool. The result isn't the one we preferred, but the process and performance was, and it was spectacular. I've come to the point where I've surrendered the outcome in sporting events (Liverpool/ISU/etc.) because its not something fully in our hands, and instead trust and enjoy the process. Trophies collect dust on a shelf. Nights like Tuesday night live on as legendary. Give me the memories.

They are what make being a Liverpool fan (and ISU fan) so special.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Vincent Kompany has left Man City officially and has become Player-Manager of Anderlecht.

Did anyone catch the FA Cup Final on ESPN+? I felt like the final should've actually been on TV but outside of the preshow, the streaming quality was great

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Vincent Kompany has left Man City officially and has become Player-Manager of Anderlecht.

Did anyone catch the FA Cup Final on ESPN+? I felt like the final should've actually been on TV but outside of the preshow, the streaming quality was great

I don’t think anyone really cared about the FA Cup final because nobody cares about City.

It’s going to be glorious watching the pending implosion of the club when FIFA, UEFA, the FA, and the Premier League all hands down various sanctions. Transfer bans, exclusions from UEFA competitions, massive fines, maybe point deductions. As they say, karma is a *****. And City has a lot of karma coming their way if the rumors swirling out there are even half accurate.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Tottenhams last trophy was when?

Spurs won the Audi Cup today (and the International Champions Cup in 2018)...

The preseason has been a blast, as Spurs youngsters (Skipp, Roles, Tanganga, etc.) have acquitted themselves well against some of the best teams in Europe; hoping we can get a couple more signings completed before the window closes to make Poch happy...

I saw Aston Villa play Minnesota United a couple weeks ago in St. Paul; the new stadium (Allianz) is great - highly recommend the short trip to see a match...

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Crazy that the shield is days away already. It’s just on ESPN+ right? I’m excited for the new season but not enough to buy it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron