Premier League

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Jesus. Just take your lumps and come back as strong as possible in August.
I actually think the idea is quite interesting and would likely draw huge attention. Is there a better suggestion out there?

And no, voiding the season isn't a reasonable suggestion. Although I know most English clubs would love the opportunity to deny Liverpool the league title that way. It presents a nightmare for managing promotion/relegation, champions league qualification, etc.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I think that is crazy and I don't believe it will happen unless they put all the players, coaches,tv etc in quarantine. When they will go back to family they will bring back the virus to the teams.

I highly doubt the government would have issued this statement, had the Premier League not already contacted them and put forth contingency plans

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
It's going to be a cluster to sort out, but I'd better soccer will return in some capacity, likely with many players deciding not to play.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
How is the German League getting around this. They start back this week

Germany got their **** together in a hurry as far as testing and they are probably the best positioned major European nation when it comes to fighting COVID 19. They have about 1/5 the fatalities of the UK and their rate of new cases per day is significantly lower.

Gab Marcotti mentioned on a podcast last week that a German friend of his woke up one day and felt like crap with possible COVID symptoms. He called his doctor that morning and the doctor thought it would be a good idea to run a test. A bike messenger showed up at the guy’s house around lunchtime with the test, the test was taken and then delivered to a lab. Later that night the lab called the sick friend and told him that he was negative. I think that kind of testing efficiency is what’s needed and is sorely lacking in most countries.