Preseason poll ...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
T
This.

Likely not enough offensive talent outside of Vaughn to get it done.

ISU likely whips them up front again as well (I assume Baylor & OSU will do the same).
To get to 5-4 I have them splitting @ISU and TCU, OSU and Texas, and @BU and @WVU. Honestly, 4-5 is probably how it will shake out. I'm sure Surly will let us all know how their marginal offensive line, and two super stars will carry them to an 8-1 conference record.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Scott Saville of KCRG Sports was on the radio this afternoon in CR and was asked about ISU’s prospects this year without guys like Purdy and Breece.

Scott said…. as good as Purdy was….. he said Dekkers is better. He had no doubt in his mind that Dekkers is better. And then said that Dekkers is an NFL QB. Purdy is too at the moment, but Scott sounded like Dekkers was special.

I agree with him. Dekkers may come out of the gates a little tight, but once he starts building the confidence…. watch out!

IMO Purdy's up side kind of peaked reallyu early in his career. I agree, it feels like Dekkers may take some time to get going but his growth trajectory will look a lot different than Brocks. This is not a knock on Brock, both guys have different tools.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Scott Saville of KCRG Sports was on the radio this afternoon in CR and was asked about ISU’s prospects this year without guys like Purdy and Breece.

Scott said…. as good as Purdy was….. he said Dekkers is better. He had no doubt in his mind that Dekkers is better. And then said that Dekkers is an NFL QB. Purdy is too at the moment, but Scott sounded like Dekkers was special.

I agree with him. Dekkers may come out of the gates a little tight, but once he starts building the confidence…. watch out!

heard that good show. Love Purdy and looking forward to something from both Brock and Hunter this year.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa

I watched him numerous times in high school and he was one of the best qb's I've ever witnessed.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So many unknowns this year make it much more exciting than last when we all knew the outcome beforehand, right?

big12_preseasonfootballpoll_1920x1080_1_01_KN.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JusHappy2BeHere

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
On the players preseason lists, two surprises-- no OU players on the first team (other than punter) and Will McDonald was not the defensive POY.

• Haha
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
On the players preseason lists, two surprises-- no OU players on the first team (other than punter) and Will McDonald was not the defensive POY.
Will is a hell of a player but he's not Felix. Everyone no wearing Cy believed Felix would be POY. Unfortunately, Texas media crapped on Deuce Vaughn. Or it would have been a clean sweep for K-State.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Will is a hell of a player but he's not Felix. Everyone no wearing Cy believed Felix would be POY. Unfortunately, Texas media crapped on Deuce Vaughn. Or it would have been a clean sweep for K-State.
Clean sweep of what? If Deuce had won K-State would have won 2 of 3 pre-season individual awards the Big-XII media gives out.

FB_Preseason_Website.png

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Clean sweep of what? If Deuce had won K-State would have won 2 of 3 pre-season individual awards the Big-XII media gives out.

FB_Preseason_Website.png
Imagine having both the offensive and defensive POY's on your team and still going 4-5 in conference play...

• Haha
Reactions: surly