Proud of the team tonight!

blood94

May 10, 2010
We went toe to toe we the preseason team to win the Big 12. we did this with a redshirt freshman throwing for over 300 yards. A true freshman at guard , true freshman at running back, true freshman at tight end , true freshman at linebacker and multiple sophomores playing major minutes. This team has matured right before our eyes this year. If anyone thought this team could be in a 6-3 game at halftime with I want what your smoking.

and for all you guys getting on coaches, you need to grow up. Heacock is awesome, Nate is calling a great scheme (A lot better than manning). the offense looks more explosive than all of last year with younger players. yes we had xtra point blocked but that was to sweat destroying the offensive line. But the kicker had made 11 fg in a row. When was the last time that ever happened.

so everybody chill and enjoy the last part of this. Enjoy that we get another bowl game 5 in 6 years. This team gets another month of practice to tear in up next year!
GO CLONES!!!

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
We were held to 9 rushing yards. That’s the lowest Texas held any opponent this year. And that includes Rice and Wyoming.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Texas fumble and a the fourth down TD made this game look much closer than it was. We got our butts kicked. Some positives but this wasn’t that close.
No. Texas has far superior talent, and we were right there. The only glaring difference was the run game, and that shouldn't be a surprise. Rocco outplayed Ewers, and Higgins was right up there with the stud receivers Texas has. Special teams was probably the difference, but we did not get our ass kicked tonight.

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Be proud! Stats don’t back so much up but seriously, did anyone think we had a chance when this season began?? Be honest! Our guys are growing. Texas is gone! Not that I care one bit! Next year has promise…extra bowl practices that nobody thought we would have a chance to get. Enjoy this season of over yet under achieving (Ohio game!). Go State!

Reactions: peatyscotch

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
I’m not excited or happy with the final result. But I see promise.

1. They fought til the end against a physically imposing opponent that
2. Was playing incredibly angry and hitting hard on both sides of the ball
3. Were in it even without playing a perfect game

I wasn’t sure after the Ohio game, but I’m sure now. This club has some dogs.

Get another year or two with Clanton, some help in LB, and I am excited for this next 4 year iteration of ISU fb.

Clock mgmt and Sept still need some work, but play calls getting in (my other long critiqued issue) are better this yr.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I’m not discouraged at all. The OL has been shaky all year. Against one of the best DLs in the country, it was always going to be tough sledding running the ball. We were still right in it pretty much the whole game. And that’s with a super young team. That could very well be a playoff team we lost to by 10.

I’m happy they are leaving, though. Their fans are jerks.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
I hate moral victories. So, I will not talk about how young we were or how well we did against the best team we have played all year. I am going to talk about improvement. I was one of those whining about how bad we were when we lost to Ohio, and what I watched tonight was an improvement in every aspect of the game. This team deserves that bowl game because they worked to improve and become a team with a promising future ahead of them. Lastly, I am happy for Easton Dean and his 66-yard touchdown. For most of his career, he has played behind more talented TEs, and when he did get to play, he was used as an extra blocker. So, in one of his final games as a Cyclone, he scored in the spotlight. Kudos, Easton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron