NFL: Purdy Vs Mahomes Bring it B*tches

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Good lord, who cares. Guess you’ve never gotten too excited and spilled a drink at a football game while celebrating. God knows I have.
Was at a Chiefs game several years ago and my buddy with me got so excited on a touchdown play he accidentally knocked the beer out of my hand when he jumped out of his seat. The beer spilled all over a guy 2 rows in front of me and and he was so pissed I thought he was going to hurdle the row in front of me to kick my ass. Luckily cooler heads in the section prevailed and we calmed the guy down and explained there was no way anyone would intentionally throw a $10 beer at a fellow fan. Even had people around us offer to buy me a new beer after that guy got so so worked up, lol.

Reactions: CloneIce

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good lord, who cares. Guess you’ve never gotten too excited and spilled a drink at a football game while celebrating. God knows I have.

I've never sprayed alcohol purposely over a crowd of people because I think it's a ****** thing to do.

Reactions: CycloneVet

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This pretty much sums up the Chiefs fans dealing with anyone in the Chiefs thread trying to make the argument Purdy is better than Mahomes

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This pretty much sums up the Chiefs fans dealing with anyone in the Chiefs thread trying to make the argument Purdy is better than Mahomes

I'm a Purdy fanatic and while I think the Chiefs are entertaining I'm not a "fan". Still Mahomes has won two superbowls and has been the best QB in the league for 4 years now. There is no way you can say Purdy is better than Mahomes yet. Playing better right now, ok, but not better overall. You have to at least let the rest of the season play out. If Purdy takes the Niners to the promised land and continues to look amazing doing it then you can start to seriously have that conversation. Until then it's a pretty dumb debate.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Because Purdy is obviously far superior.
"Cause Super Bowl rings are not as cool as,.....whatever Brock has done."

Brock may get the chance for a ring, Patrick has two. We watched Patrick and Cliff Kingsbury quit at the Jack. He has moved way past that. Brock can see what can happen.

1697076626949.jpeg

• Creative
Reactions: mynameisjonas

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

I've been spilled on a few times due to carelessness.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
compare Chubba to Jackson Mahomes......one is an a-hole.....the other is a Cornhusker. tough call.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'm a Purdy fanatic and while I think the Chiefs are entertaining I'm not a "fan". Still Mahomes has won two superbowls and has been the best QB in the league for 4 years now. There is no way you can say Purdy is better than Mahomes yet. Playing better right now, ok, but not better overall. You have to at least let the rest of the season play out. If Purdy takes the Niners to the promised land and continues to look amazing doing it then you can start to seriously have that conversation. Until then it's a pretty dumb debate.
Even with one Super Bowl to me it's not a debate. Mahomes' and the Chiefs consistency (2 Super Bowls and played in another) is tough to match. Brock is off to a great start, but it starts with winning that first Super Bowl and then at least getting back there again before even having the debate imo.

Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Good time to dig this one up after last night. I love Purdy and want to see him succeed but this is exactly why comparisons and MVP discussions with a small sample size are just ridiculous to get into so early into the season. This is not a dig at Purdy but this is showing how someone saying he is better than Mahomes just 3 or 4 games into the season was premature. Chiefs are now 6-1 and 49er's 5-2, only KC and Philly are 1 loss teams at the moment.

Stats after 7 games:
Yards
Mahomes 2017/288.1 yds/g (3rd)
Purdy 1668/238.3 (9th)

Completion %
Mahomes 69.5 185/266 (4th)
Purdy 67.9 131/193 (11th)

TD
Mahomes 15 (2nd) 6 INT
Purdy 11 (t6th) 3 INT

QBR
Mahomes 76.9 (1st)
Purdy 75.6 (2nd)

Passer RTG
Mahomes 101 (5th)
Purdy 107.2 (2nd)

Head to head Mahomes is starting to separate himself a bit as the Chiefs offense start to get more in sync while Purdy's numbers have come back down to earth a bit after the last 2 games they lost. Based on past trends we know Mahomes will continue to perform at a high level as the season goes on while we now get to see what Purdy will do now that he's faced a little adversity.