Raising Canes Sucks

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Not a chain but The Ornery Chicken is really damn good

I miss OC and Charlottes. B-Bops chicken sandwich is underrated too.

For chains, Slim Chickens is good. Chick Fil A and Wendy’s are good sandwiches. Popeyes is the tastiest, but can be hit or miss. I’m sure Southern chains like Zaxbys and Bojangles are good, but haven’t really tried them.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
1. If you are saying a place is good because of the toast, buy a toaster
2. Popeyes has best chicken, worst sides. Terrible sides and I've had them all
3. KFC has best mash and gravy everything else sucks, I suppose a biscuit with butter and honey is ok
4. Chick-fil-a has best sandwiches but so over priced. Its ****** chicken
5. Best nugs? Give me McD's or BK about even to me

I reserve the right to add more facts

Reactions: Angie

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I miss OC and Charlottes. B-Bops chicken sandwich is underrated too.

For chains, Slim Chickens is good. Chick Fil A and Wendy’s are good sandwiches. Popeyes is the tastiest, but can be hit or miss. I’m sure Southern chains like Zaxbys and Bojangles are good, but haven’t really tried them.
What the hell happened that you ordered a chicken sandwhich at B-Bops? It could be the best chicken sandwhich ever made and I'm still ordering a burger from B-Bops.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What the hell happened that you ordered a chicken sandwhich at B-Bops? It could be the best chicken sandwhich ever made and I'm still ordering a burger from B-Bops.
BBops put a spicy one on the menu. Love their burgers but got it once. Twas good.

CYedUp

Dec 18, 2021
Shake shack is so much better then in and out... Bbops is king though and really miss that now that I am out of Iowa.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Shake shack is so much better then in and out... Bbops is king though and really miss that now that I am out of Iowa.

Other than some misguided nostalgia from West Coast natives, I have no idea why people freak out over In and Out. They had just horrible fries (I don’t care what mess you put on them, I can still tell they are soggy and flavorless). The burger was fine, but agree - can’t hold a handle to Shake Shack. Or even the Steak and Shake garlic burger.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Im sorry but if you really think McDs chicken esp, the nuggets are better than RC you, have some strange taste.

And I am not sure you even have taste buds. Woof, and Pizza ranch chicken is pretty bad.

you have no taste. I'm not saying McDonald's nuggets are that good. They are just better than Rayzon Chaines. Pizza Ranch Chicken? Are you trolling? Or are you used to eating sh!t?

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
When you have a chicken restaurant and your sauce is more famous than the chicken, you actually have a sauce restaurant. Cane’s chicken is an unflavorable piece of trash and only dousing it in mostly mayo makes it tolerable.

Same idea with these “spicy” chicken sandwiches from places like Popeyes and McDonald’s. You don’t have a spicy chicken sandwich, you have a ****** spicy sauce on top of chicken.
Vehemently disagree on the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich. It's the bomb and the best one I've tried of the fast food spicy chicken sandwiches.

On Raising Cane's we got one in our town about a year ago, and I still haven't tried it. The town across the river has a Zaxby's that I would want to try before Raising Cane's.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Charlottes should be outlawed, that is so good.

Get any of their sandwiches and curds…so good. But I’ve felt horrible and guilty after eating it every time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
When you have a chicken restaurant and your sauce is more famous than the chicken, you actually have a sauce restaurant. Cane’s chicken is an unflavorable piece of trash and only dousing it in mostly mayo makes it tolerable.

Same idea with these “spicy” chicken sandwiches from places like Popeyes and McDonald’s. You don’t have a spicy chicken sandwich, you have a ****** spicy sauce on top of chicken.

Totally agree.

Here's how I describe it:
Do you love the Bloomin' Onion sauce at Outback Steakhouse? Well we made a 'restaurant' where it's just that sauce and barely anything else.

It is a lot of food for your money (at least compared to prices where I live) but if you don't absolutely love that sauce I can't imagine going there.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Gus’s fried chicken. Thread can be closed now. Need one in Des Moines.

View attachment 121741

We randomly have one in Burbank CA which strikes me as far more odd for a location than DesMoines or anywhere in the midwest.

I go there all the time and love it but it's not even that busy. I feel like it would be packed anywhere else in the country. It has kind of ruined other fried chicken for me. The mac and cheese is also great and I don't usually like mac and cheese.

Last edited: