Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Snow plow has now went up and down our street four times. The city guy is drinking buddies with our neighbor now. Amazing that we could get a foot snow and four foot drifts out here and not get one pass. Now the head guy gets drunk with the neighbors routinely and the streets get plowed when we get maybe an inch.

When I was in Jr high we used to have a member of the Omaha city council (or somewhere high up in city gov't) live in the neighborhood. Neighborhood always got excellent snow removal service. Fast forward about 10 years when that guy was no longer around and it went way downhill.

Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I have gotten the new NWS app’s radar to work twice in the ~ two weeks it’s been in existence. I really detest that format. I loved being able to choose from so many options and views on the old one. AND IT WORKED. Now the standard wording I see even after refreshing and trying to choose something is “Current radar not available.”
Ugh.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have gotten the new NWS app’s radar to work twice in the ~ two weeks it’s been in existence. I really detest that format. I loved being able to choose from so many options and views on the old one. AND IT WORKED. Now the standard wording I see even after refreshing and trying to choose something is “Current radar not available.”
Ugh.
I used to use KCCI's weather page on my computer ALL the time. Then they decided to "upgrade" it, and it had so many bells & whistles, I couldn't find any of the info I typically used. "Shiny" isn't always better.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
New season of letterkenny.

the last part leads me to a noodle question. Ive always started with room temp water or colder and put noodles in right away. My wife boils the water and then drops in. Cold water is supposed to avoid pan sticking as much. What is correct?

Put a teaspoon of oil in your water. That will keep the pasta from sticking to the pan, and to itself

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
And BTW IMHO Schindler’s List is one of the finest cinematic achievements of this or any time. My favorite film. (Not because of the subject matter)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
All this talk of Schindler's List is making me think I should watch it again. Lew & I saw it in theater...on a DATE. It was an amazing movie; I remember I had tears running down my cheeks during a large part of it.

In retrospect, it really wasn't a very good date movie. ;)

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Had a bronchoscopy today at U of I Hospital. No blood or growths, so back to square one. My pulmonologist will probably put me on a gluten-free diet now. So I can’t have any of @Cybirdy or @carvers4math yummies.
So, this is good news...? Other than the gluten-filled delights.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Break isn't good for my liver. I've almost polished off the bottle of whiskey my brother got me for Christmas already.

Reactions: NWICY

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Break isn't good for my liver. I've almost polished off the bottle of whiskey my brother got me for Christmas already.
My aunt's boyfriend always brings over a bottle of something. This year was Maker's Mark. Good stuff but I can't drink that after eating a bunch of Thanksgiving and Christmas food.

Last edited:
Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.