Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Chiropractor nearly got his ass kicked a few minutes ago. Lays me on that table and I can barely breath. Then he pushes a bit above where the hurt rib connects to the spine and asks how it feels, I said that that didn't hurt. Then he rams the rib back into place and I start cursing. Hurt worse afterwards, old fart starts laughing and says it will feel better in a couple days. Told me I probably have a cracked rib also.

Not a big chiro guy, but knowing hospitals will charge you for a visit, x-rays and other stuff and tell you they can't do anything after a $800 bill; I figured $40 for the chiro to "feel me up" basically and slam the rib back into place was the cheapest option.
I kicked a nurse once. They were removing a cyst and hit a nerve and I just kicked out of reaction and she was in the way. I felt awful and apologized profusely while they were still cleaning out the gross stuff.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Chiropractor nearly got his ass kicked a few minutes ago. Lays me on that table and I can barely breath. Then he pushes a bit above where the hurt rib connects to the spine and asks how it feels, I said that that didn't hurt. Then he rams the rib back into place and I start cursing. Hurt worse afterwards, old fart starts laughing and says it will feel better in a couple days. Told me I probably have a cracked rib also.

Not a big chiro guy, but knowing hospitals will charge you for a visit, x-rays and other stuff and tell you they can't do anything after a $800 bill; I figured $40 for the chiro to "feel me up" basically and slam the rib back into place was the cheapest option.

When my back went out this fall, my chiro did something similar. When he popped it hard, I said Son of a B*tch way too loud, I know the whole waiting room heard that one. Finally got going good after 3 treatments. Hadn't had my back go out like that in close to a decade.

Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
While the result of the game wasn't what we wanted I got news during that really puts in perspective that it's just a game. Got some bad news within my family. Not a passing but just some bad news that I really shouldn't elaborate any further.
Definitely more important things than a game.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
LOL I'm guessing 95% of CF has never played anything more organized than rec league, or intramurals after HS.

We're busy reliving our imaginary glory days here, killjoy.

On other fronts, I've got the first materials (some that we need for the whole semester) prepped for the 5 courses that need them, and 6 syllabi and first night classes are ready to go.

This extreme semester will be all about survival through organization. If that falls apart, I'm dead.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We're busy reliving our imaginary glory days here, killjoy.

On other fronts, I've got the first materials (some that we need for the whole semester) prepped for the 5 courses that need them, and 6 syllabi and first night classes are ready to go.

This extreme semester will be all about survival through organization. If that falls apart, I'm dead.

maybe I will start working on my class that starts next week. Should be an easy one but a lot of writing.

Reactions: CycloneErik

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Missed the game. Sounds like I didn't miss much. We do so often sorta suck in bowl games. Guess I'll skip the replay.

Grandniece, "Who are you?" Liked that direct greeting, had only seen her once as a baby three years ago. Her and her older sister only know me as "that boy who sends bird pictures".

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Missed the game. Sounds like I didn't miss much. We do so often sort suck in bowl games. Guess I'll skip the replay.

Grandniece, "Who are you?" Liked that direct greeting, had only seen her once as a baby three years ago. Her and her older sister only know me as "that boy who sends bird pictures".
It was frustrating but I wouldn't say that you didn't miss much. It was like watching Yellowstone. You never know what's going to happen next but there's a very good chance that it will be interesting and unexpected.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It was frustrating but I wouldn't say that you didn't miss much. It was like watching Yellowstone. You never know what's going to happen next but there's a very good chance that it will be interesting and unexpected.
Defense dominated for both teams. It came down to some stupid penalties, a couple of bad plays and at least one pure luck of a play that could have gone either way.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Well, I was thinking of requesting a room change for my ISU classes this spring.
I'm going back-to-back-to-back, which is easy enough, and the last two were in the same room. I figured last night around 10 that maybe I should ask to move the 1st one to that room, because why not?

Check in with the schedule this morning out of curiosity regarding enrollment, and I see that the middle class has already been moved. I think maybe it's a good time to make a request if they're plinking around.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think you should ask that your back-to-back-to-back classes be in different buildings. You can run from building to building between classes. That way, you could sort of follow your dream of being the spunky young intern that is willing to do whatever it takes (within certain bounds) to get her foot in the door in the fashion industry.

note: I may have seen too many romcoms in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.