Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Remember how last year during bowl season there were relentless commercials for Peloton, Tonal, and the Mirror fitness devices during every break in an effort to manipulate people's desire to improve themselves in the new year?

This year, bupkus. The fad faded.

Apparently there's no money in $2800 stationary bikes with an iPad screwed to it or a TV with resistance training bands bolted on the back. Who knew?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Remember how last year during bowl season there were relentless commercials for Peloton, Tonal, and the Mirror fitness devices during every break in an effort to manipulate people's desire to improve themselves in the new year?

Apparently there's no money in $2800 stationary bikes with an iPad screwed to it or a TV with resistance training bands bolted on the back. Who knew?

Limited market of men who bought them for their wives, like that one commercial seemed to suggest. Pretty sure many were murdered by their wives so the buyer's pool was diminished through attrition by death and fear. Plus all of those Peloton peeps lived in $10M houses and probably bought their own gym by now.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, I haven't gained any weight in 2023.

Check again later in the day. Weighing yourself immediately after your morning Hawkeye might be a false negative on weight gain. :rolleyes:

First poo post!

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I feel like I saw a fair amount of just Pelaton this year, with the 93% still with it a year later crap.

But can't really think of anything else I saw being advertised.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
1kgow1.gif

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Big League Chew rocks! Can you actually chew it though, like gum? I feel like it had good flavor but I always ended up swallowing it pretty quickly.
Not a chance. The whole point was to rip open those awesome foil-lined pouches and just throw a big wad in your cheek. Might have had a 5 minute flavor window. Still a lifetime compared to the flavor drop of Fruit Stripe gum. That was measured in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.