Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Had a nice trip to my home area in Iowa this week.

First day (Wednesday) tried to go ice fishing in various spots, but every spot was too low of water. Last spot, didn't make it because I pulled up beyond a plowed in driveway and my two right tires dropped into a ditch that looked like grass.

It was near a high school friend's house and sure enough his dad happened to come down the road, and after several ideas and attempts he was able to pull/tow me out.

Was pretty embarrassing considering I'd only been down that road 100 times in my life, but was funny because we got to catch up, and was even funnier when he offered me to go fish the pond behind his house after we got the car out. I'd had enough of the 'wild' world at that point.

Also reassuring how helpful people are without even blinking; he wouldn't take money for beer for his help.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I miss a feature from one of the older cf versions where you could see how many posts each poster had in a thread.
Somebody around here figured out a way to do that during mafia games a year or two ago that I don’t think involved manually counting every one. I couldn’t tell you who it was.

Speaking of that, @ImJustKCClone you gonna get a mafia game fired up for the new year???

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
In reply to Boxster's NDY I went to work and a guy I work with died last wk. The boss thinks maybe heart attack. So in the last month 2 friends had strokes and another dude had a heart attack. SOB I don't know if I should try to get in better shape or just get a better life insurance policy.

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Somebody around here figured out a way to do that during mafia games a year or two ago that I don’t think involved manually counting every one. I couldn’t tell you who it was.

Speaking of that, @ImJustKCClone you gonna get a mafia game fired up for the new year???
Me???
I play - I don't create!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
In reply to Boxster's NDY I went to work and a guy I work with died last wk. The boss thinks maybe heart attack. So in the last month 2 friends had strokes and another dude had a heart attack. SOB I don't know if I should try to get in better shape or just get a better life insurance policy.
What is the constant here………. I’m questioning whether you are a friend now. ;).

• Funny
Reactions: Jer and NWICY

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I'd do the better shape thingie. What's the point of life insurance if you don't have wife/kids? I've no kids so have never had life insurance. I do have some LTC insurance in case I stroke out but don't die.

I did an end of year financial summary. Noted in spreadsheet that I had not even bothered the last couple of years. Thinking I should probably give a copy to niece who is stuck as power of attorney if I stroke out and am unable to care for my self. I do have a "Treasure Map" file in my safe so she can find the loot with the account numbers and such.

Told my sister we can't fly together since same niece/daughter is estate executor for both of us!

• Friendly
Reactions: SaraV and NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just in case you were wondering if smelling farts is good or bad for you:
https://brobible.com/life/article/smelling-farts-could-save-your-life/

One of my late dorm mates quoted his brother while we were in college. His brother had apparently passed a particularly odiferous fart and was quite proud of it. He asked him how he could stand the smell. Reply was "Appreciating the smell of your own fart is conceited. Liking the smell of someone else's is perverted."

- Dana House late night bull session circa 1972.

Reactions: CloneLawman

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
In reply to Boxster's NDY I went to work and a guy I work with do_Oied last wk. The boss thinks maybe heart attack. So in the last month 2 friends had strokes and another dude had a heart attack. SOB I don't know if I should try to get in better shape or just get a better life insurance policy.
We were in HyVee a few days ago getting our nacho supplies for last night, and were chatting with one of the managers. Mentioned we hadn't seen one of them much since Covid took off, and wondered if he had moved to another store.

No. He died of a heart attack two years ago. He was at least 10 years younger than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron