Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
We Will garlic and cheese pizza with pepperoni added madeca pretty good supper. The garlic pizza crust sure crisps up nice.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Normally I can't stand AC/DC, so much of their stuff is so average and over-over-over played.

But I caught "Whole Lotta Rosie" this morning on the way to work, and absolutely ****ing rocked. If it isn't their best, its close.

• Winner
Reactions: cycloner29

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Normally I can't stand AC/DC, so much of their stuff is so average and over-over-over played.

But I caught "Whole Lotta Rosie" this morning on the way to work, and absolutely ****ing rocked. If it isn't their best, its close.
The live version on "If you want Blood" is killer

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Been a weird past couple of days. Grilled steak last night and in the process of seasoning with S&P I didn’t realize that I had set the container too close to the side of it. I now have a disfigured S&P container.

Get to the gym this morning and open my AirPod case and see the left one is gone. FML!! Went to the front desk and to my surprise there was a left one in the lost and found! The last time I used them was at the gym on Friday so I got lucky.

Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I am hungry and there is nothing to snack on in this apartment. #FirstWorldProblems

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am hungry and there is nothing to snack on in this apartment. #FirstWorldProblems

Hmmm, checks time, 6:20, and I have no idea what's for bachelor chow. And this is after going to grocery after workout and buying a million dollars work of grub. :rolleyes:

Will have to mull this over while snacking on some brie and crackers. A glass o'wine might help.

Reactions: jcyclonee and SaraV

MTEORisu

Jan 15, 2023
It was on the high def on mediacom.
It aired just like every other CBS affiliate.
Allegedly CBS News' special report that aired right after Masters' coverage didn't get factored into primetime scheduling, so the network gave all the stations on-times for their late newscasts that were 1-2 min. early.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Wordle in 4 tonight - quite an answer because my first thought about it wasn’t food.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I am supposed to go to Oshkosh for meetings Friday evening-Tuesday. MrsWx is telling me to go but with her grandfather in hospice I don't think I am comfortable with going. Add in that there are a couple of things Monday and Tuesday with work that I would like to participate in and I think I am leaning towards staying home.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I am supposed to go to Oshkosh for meetings Friday evening-Tuesday. MrsWx is telling me to go but with her grandfather in hospice I don't think I am comfortable with going. Add in that there are a couple of things Monday and Tuesday with work that I would like to participate in and I think I am leaning towards staying home.
Listen to yourself. In a somewhat similar situation, this is what I told one of my colleagues yesterday: what we're working on here is timeless as far as content sharing. Time with your family is not timeless. Be there, not here.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Listen to yourself. In a somewhat similar situation, this is what I told one of my colleagues yesterday: what we're working on here is timeless as far as content sharing. Time with your family is not timeless. Be there, not here.
That is where I am leaning. I have no regrets about missing the meetings and activities up there. But if he passes while I am gone even only being four hours away I think I would regret being gone.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That is where I am leaning. I have no regrets about missing the meetings and activities up there. But if he passes while I am gone even only being four hours away I think I would regret being gone.
Choices are difficult. We decided not to fly to Texas for my father's 96th birthday in late March 2020 because of Covid. About a month later he broke his hip, and the subsequent surgery left him with serious health issues. He entered hospice in early June and died on July 1, 2020. Covid restrictions in Texas prevented us from going to see him in hospice. I finally visited his grave last week when we down to Texas for the eclipse. It was the first time I had been in TX since his 95th birthday.

I agree with Ms3 - whenever possible, choose family.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Do your meetings have a zoom option? I'm on a board and that has been a huge time saver for me.