Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
First world problems.....Want to take my wife out of the country for our 25th anniversary. We normally go in January to Mexico, Belize, Honduras, etc. Our anniversary is in July and during the rainy season. Don't really want to go back to Hawaii. Other options? Not interested in All Inclusives. Maybe Cabo?
Are you going in January or July? Do you want beaches?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I better drop in to say Hi.
disaster-girl.jpg

I'm generally a positive person but I will say good riddance to 2023.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So a brief synopsis of our NYE. Family Christmas at my in-laws during the day, MrsWx was getting ready and I was about to get changed when we realized that we left my dress shoes at home, thus I attempt to set a new speed record from Palo to Marion and back. It all worked out and we ended up arriving at the wedding with four minutes to spare and walked in with another couple. Ceremony was great, reception was AMAZING. We were assigned a table where I sat next to the President of Coe, and was told to come teach for them when I finish my MBA. His wife is a pastor at the sister church of where I grew up so that was nice talking with here as well, oh and they were the couple we walked in with. Also had a high school classmate/acquaintance at our table so we partied with them all night along with a couple of other friends. Completely embarrassed MrsWx on the dance floor a couple of times but especially just after midnight when I was well lubricated and danced with one of the emergency docs she used to work with.

Now to fight the season depression post holidays.
Now I am envisioning wxman dancing like Arthur Brown in the Fire video above.

Reactions: wxman1

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
July. Wouldn't hurt to have beaches but we usually do an Airbnb with a pool
You don't want the Caribbean in July. If you just want to chill, the maritime provinces in Canada (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, PEI, New Brunswick). Yeah, I know, Canada isn't exotic. Iceland is also becoming a more popular destination (we're headed there next August).

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Dang it visited with a customer today who chain smokes, my gunky sinuses came back about 45 minutes later. They had just gotten better, hopefully it will be a short term occurrence.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Dang it visited with a customer today who chain smokes, my gunky sinuses came back about 45 minutes later. They had just gotten better, hopefully it will be a short term occurrence.
When they stopped allowing smoking in bars I no longer woke up in the middle of the night all stuffed up.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1