Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Ooo. I can co-celebrate with some people on my birtbday.

For @wxman1 - It's Aviation Maintenance Technician Day (kinda sorta his wheelhouse)

And for @ImJustKCClone - National Savenger Hunt Day (again, somewhat similar)
Oh, I dunno...

It's been a long time since I've hunted savengers. :D

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
All in all a wonderful celebration of my grandfather in-laws life. He was a tremendous person that loved and modeled what it is to live a full life. I can only dream to live up to his success personally and professionally. Extremely fittingly the final song of the service was Frank Sinatra's "I Did It My Way".

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I really need to quit reading the off season BB threads with both the men's and women's teams doing well, we now have people going in the threads dissecting how many minutes each player is getting, along with the always popular our players never improve and the micro analysis of the new transfers that realistically no one has watched play.

But alas like a moth to a flame I click on them thinking I might actually learn something useful.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I really need to quit reading the off season BB threads with both the men's and women's teams doing well, we now have people going in the threads dissecting how many minutes each player is getting, along with the always popular our players never improve and the micro analysis of the new transfers that realistically no one has watched play.

But alas like a moth to a flame I click on them thinking I might actually learn something useful.
Don't worry. New uniform rumors will be coming out soon.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
As they should be. It is a diploma, not a comic book or a baseball card. This is a classic look:

View attachment 128251

I really hated that Marv Pomerantz's signature was on it, to say nothing of Hitler's twin.
Weird. I graduated one year before you and the board of regent's president and university president were both different. That's a lot of change in one year.
1714083908767.png

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
When did Meg yell this?
Top Gun
e8fb6c11-31e9-4999-b63e-02a905b31f28_text.gif

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

Help Support Us

Become a patron